By "Jim Lein, Oracle Midsize-Oracle" on Apr 15, 2015
Collaborate15, the technology and applications forum for the Oracle community, has evolved into the premier event for users of just about every Oracle solution to gather and share knowledge. Many attendees represent organizations that are currently operating with some combination of cloud and on premise solutions, both Oracle and third party products, and share a common goal of wanting to help their organizations become modern businesses.At Oracle OpenWorld ’15 we announced free access to an extensive library of resources that help our customers adopt Modern Best Practice. Today, you can explore in depth content providing practical advice, executive thought leadership, and customer experiences across dozens of processes spanning finance, HR and talent, sales, service, marketing, and procurement.
“How is Modern Best Practice different from Old Fashioned Best Practice?”, you might ask. Simply put, the difference is that Modern Best Practice exploits the enabling technologies of cloud, social, mobile, analytics, Big Data, and IoT. Adoption of Modern Best Practice enables organizations of all sizes to achieve consistently superior results faster and with fewer resources.
The best way to explain the 6 Best Reasons to Adopt Modern Best Practice is to show you examples of the resources Oracle provides across all areas of your organization:
- Finance—Analyze step by step process flows to help transform finance from a back office function to a strategic business partner
- HR & Talent—Rely on Oracle’s expert and experienced partner community to recruit the best talent via social sourcing and viral job sharing
- Marketing—focus on the 5 Tenets of Modern Marketing to flood your sales pipeline and increase lead-to-sale conversions
- Procurement—Be like Land ‘O Lakes and save $M’s by optimizing processes to improve spend management, streamline purchasing, and achieve higher margins
- Sales—Leverage analytics to predict sales success, resulting in higher close rates, more reps meeting or exceeding quota, and lower sales rep turnover
- Service—Learn the 5 Best Practices That Enable Agents to Deliver the Right Answer at the Right Time
The hundreds of content assets we provide can help you from start to finish when adopting Modern Best Practice. Over the coming months we'll be adding more processes and resources as well as expanding coverage to other areas of your business.
Explore and enjoy.
Oracle for Midsize Businesses
Modern Best Practice exploits new capabilities made possible by cloud, mobile, social, analytics, big data, and IoT, making it possible for your organization to achieve more, faster and with fewer resources. It is flexible, supports growth and innovation, and enables new ways to achieve consistently superior performance.
The views expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of Oracle.