By ckamps on May 27, 2008
Updated March 9, 2009
- Multi-OS platform packaging of packages and updates
- Pre-installed installation images
- Ongoing installation image management
- Network repository-based delivery of add-ons and updates
- Desktop notification of updates and new add-ons
This article describes the results of the first of several experiments intended to demonstrate how projects' build environments can be enhanced to deliver pkg(5)-based distributions. In this article we address the first stage of an experiment based on the popular OpenDS project.
Update: As of late 2009, building the pkg(5) form of delivering
OpenDS is available in the official OpenDS source tree and is
documented on the OpenDS wiki. After satisfying a couple of
dependencies, you can
build the packages and download bundle image straight from the official
OpenDS source. See the document Build and Use OpenDS in pkg(5) Format for details.