Recently, there've been couple of blogs about new features in Metro 1.2 release, and about some additional things that will be released with Metro 1.3.
I've been working on updating the NetBeans Metro plugin to make sure these features are easily configurable from our tools as well.
Today, I'd like to announce availability of NetBeans 6.5 builds that contain support for both Metro 1.2 and Metro 1.3 features. Click here to download your NetBeans 6.5 copy from Hudson continuous builds, or grab a daily builds. You shall get either JavaEE or Full bundle.
Note that in order to leverage the new features, you need to have Metro 1.2 or Metro 1.3 installed on top of your GlassFish installation.
The biggest changes you find in the UI are shown in the following screens:
- Namespace Version Chooser - Metro 1.3 supports .NET 3.5 release, which has policy assertions in a different (standard based) namespaces than .NET3.0. Thus, you need to have a choice which version your service shall be developed with.
- Kerberos - additional security profile available for 1.3 version with Kerberos support. Read more about Metro Kerberos support on Ashutosh's blog, and if you are not familiar with Kerberos itself, read more on Wikipedia
- STS Issued Supporting Token Profile - new security profile based on Issued tokens.
- Hash passwords - support for Hash Passwords in the Username Authentication with Symmetric Keys security profile. Read more about Hash Password support on Ashutosh's blog, and if you are not familiar with Digest Authentication itself, read more on Wikipedia
- Encrypted Supporting Tokens - ability to encrypt supporting tokens.
There are some other things which I might forgot about, so let me know if you miss anything. Also, let me know if you find any errors, meet any exceptions, anything like that. Currently these are development builds, and release quality shall be met with NetBeans 6.5 release. However, I think the metro modules shall be stable enough already. Let me know ;O)