Monday Oct 20, 2014
Thursday Oct 09, 2014
By Martin Grebac on Oct 09, 2014
Posting slides from my JavaOne session on Java API for JSON Binding (JSR 367) which has been recently approved and good to go! See the slides here: 2014-09-JavaOne-JSONB.pdf
We're currently inviting experts to join the expert group. Nominations can be submitted here:
If you are willing to join, don't wait and apply now. And, btw, here's the link to the JSR Proposal: https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=367
Thursday Mar 01, 2012
By Martin Grebac on Mar 01, 2012
I'm happy to announce we released Metro 2.2, including the JAXB 2.2.5 and JAX-WS 2.2.6 releases:
The Metro 2.2 is aligned and integrated with GlassFish 3.1.2 release. Some feature highlights:
- large number of bugfixes going into all codelines
- including better alignment with Weblogic stack in JAX-WS area
- both JAXB and JAX-WS apt tool usage (long time deprecated in JDK) has been replaced with JSR 269 Pluggable Annotation Processing API allowing JDK8 integration and removal of com.sun.mirror implementation from JDK
- new Modular Databinding layer has been added to JAX-WS and exposed in Metro as well, which allows users to use e.g. Moxy JAXB implementation instead of the default JAXB RI for web service invocations
- the JAX-WS Maven plugins have been updated to allow working with latest JAX-WS releases and enhanced with lots of new capabilities
- documentation for all 3 components has been updated to docbook format which allowed the release documentation be present also in single HTML view and PDF formats
Monday Feb 13, 2012
By Martin Grebac on Feb 13, 2012
Hi, last week I gave "Java EE Web Services" talk at Java Day in Sankt Petersburg in Russia. In the audience there was about 150-200 people. I talked about both SOAP and REST, describing the styles and JavaEE offerings for each of them, specifically talking about the reference implementations covered by projects Metro and Jersey. Unfortunately even though this was my very first stay in Russia, I did not have time to do any sightseeings so maybe next time ;O). Anyway it was very nice talking to the interested crowd.
Here are the slides: Java EE Web Services (PDF).
Tuesday Oct 11, 2011
The views expressed on this [blog; Web site] are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.
- Expert Group formation - JSR 367 - Java API for JSON Binding
- JavaOne 2014 - Java API for JSON Binding slides
- Metro 2.2, JAXB 2.2.5, JAX-WS 2.2.6 Released!
- Slides from my Java EE Web Services talk at Java Day Russia, 2012, Sankt Petersburg
- Slides from JavaOne BOF
- JavaEE / GlassFish at JUG Ostrava
- This blog will be migrated
- Handling extended mixed content in JAXB
- Grails and web service development with Metro - little update
- parse-nb equivalent to parse-ipr and parse-dot-classpath