By Oracle_Media-Oracle on Feb 04, 2015
As soon organizations understand the "whys" and "whats" of designing a compelling customer experience in digital media, it's all about the "hows"- make or buy, what's industry best practice, which CX products and vendors are best for me. And one of the first learnings is this is "not your father's CRM" anymore - instead of a single application, modern digital offerings combine various consumer-facing cloud services into seamless social, sales, commerce, marketing and service experiences.
A good non-technical starting point might be our Modern Best Practice in Marketing series, which explains CX processes and especially how your data capital creates strategic value-add - often new in media & entertainment, but already common practice in other industries like retail or consumer goods.
If you enter the product level, a very helpful resource is cloud.oracle.com. Even if you don't plan to buy anything, the site gives a (surprisingly ;) simple overview about what's possible as Oracle Cloud offers the industry broadest portfolio of Applications (SaaS, DaaS), Platform (PaaS, IaaS) and 3rd party Marketplace.
The Oracle CX Cloud in Media & Entertainment
To help customers succeed in hyper competitive digital markets, Oracle offers the most data-driven CX suite (cloud.oracle.com/cx). Like with the media industry case studies below, any single cloud service is a great start to improve your CX. When you're ready for a next step, the integrated suite simplifies combining related services into more sophisticated experiences.
- cloud.oracle.com/marketing - Unify customer data from various silos (DMP), understand their digital body language and automate your customer engagements. Customers like National Geographic, Comcast, Daily Mail or Time Inc. UK (formerly responsys.com, eloqua.com, bluekai.com).
- cloud.oracle.com/sales - Know more and engage earlier to close deals more often. Used by customers from Curse.com to Sony Computer Entertainment to manage millions of customers.
- cloud.oracle.com/service - Happier customers and lower service operations costs. Customers like BostonGlobe.com (Help section), Elsevier.com (Help & Contact section) or Linkedin.com (Get Help section).
- cloud.oracle.com/social - Engage and manage you social relationships across all departments. Used by customers like the BBC, Youtube or NBC Sports.
- cloud.oracle.com/commerce - Grow your paid services with a fully featured commerce solution. On-premise version used by media customers like Dow Jones / WSJ.
- cloud.oracle.com/daas-marketing (Data-as-a-Service for Marketing) - Audience marketplace enables unique audience insights and micro-segmentation. Used by market-leading Video-On-Demand and Game Platform providers (formerly bluekai.com).
The Oracle Cloud Platform enables seamless integration with your applications
To deliver a seamless experience to grow your traffic, convert free to paid users or help with tech problems right when they occur, the Oracle Cloud Platform simplifies the integration into your CMS or customer applications.
- cloud.oracle.com/integration - the upcoming Integration service offers Rest API access to all Oracle and selected 3rd Party SaaS into your custom applications.
- cloud.oracle.com Platform - from Java to Big Data, the Oracle PaaS offers you standard tools for all integration requirements.
To stay informed about these and related developments, get connected via @oracle_media - or contact us to get more insights on the building blocks of CX in media & entertainment.