By Oracle_Media-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
Digital transformation in the Media & Entertainment industry is an extreme challenge, as both product and go-to-market are more or less reinvented at the same time. Coming from a historically powerful market position, a major roadblock to adopt is the organizational reflex to focus on content, product and technology. In fact, we have seen it so often that we've even created a short movie about it.
Spoiler alert: as you might have guessed, the key point in creating a successful media business in competitive, digital markets is to focus on the customer. Entirely. No compromises. And sorry, content isn't first, content isn't king. It's the customer.
Of course you ll find single innovators and change agents in every media organization understanding CX and customer-centric thinking. But how do you adopt this in agile digital product development with editorial, marketing, sales, finance and IT? No business as usual. No departmental fighting. No expert bla bla. Just jointly innovating, like digital native startups do?
Enter DesigningCX.com. To support CX innovators in all industries and regions, we co-created a pragmatic & free set of tools and resources with these common themes:
- Extreme customer-centricity – when in doubt, defer to the customer’s point of view
- Bias towards action and collaboration – learn by doing, fail early to succeed sooner
- Scalable principles & practices – simple methods and clear vocabulary designed for rapid adoption and organizational alignment
The key methodology is called Customer Experience Journey Mapping (CXJM) and combines learn, design and execute frameworks.
So, how do you get started with designing your customer experience?
- All tools and events are free of cost and not related to any of our products
- Read more in the presentation above, have a look at designingcx.com and the workshop toolkit
- Learn hands on by attending one of our global CXJM Workshops e.g. in London, Berlin or Zagreb