Information Management recently wrote a great article entitled How MDM Changes BI Best Practices. The article does a good job of explaining that as business grow organically and through M&A activities, their data management system gets more complex. Without MDM solutions in place, an organization's BI system will then only give you another version of the truth rather than the single version of truth an organization desires.
To quote the article, "Because MDM addresses core master data issues at the root, the focus has largely been on the data-producing side of the information supply chain. Meanwhile, to a large degree, the BI world has dealt with MDM-related issues as it always has: Issues were solved downstream as part of the extract, transform and load processing. The predicament is that many of the synergies that could be realized by leveraging the operational MDM discipline are often left untouched when it comes to BI. In other words, it is due time for BI to engage in true master data management."
For more information, you can access the full article here.
- Why Not Data Quality?
- Data Quality, Is it worth it? How do you know?
- How Do You Know if You Have a Data Quality Issue?
- MDM CHALLENGES BY HIGHER EDUCATION DOMAIN
- Supercharge Your Web Storefront with Superior Data Quality
- Master Data Management and Service-Oriented Architecture: Better Together
- Improve your Customer Experience with High Quality Information
- Register Now! Product Data Management Weekly Cloudcast
- Big Data Challenges & Considerations
- Thank you for Joining us at Collaborate 2014