Information Management recently wrote a great article entitled How MDM Changes BI Best Practices. The article does a good job of explaining that as business grow organically and through M&A activities, their data management system gets more complex. Without MDM solutions in place, an organization's BI system will then only give you another version of the truth rather than the single version of truth an organization desires.
To quote the article, "Because MDM addresses core master data issues at the root, the focus has largely been on the data-producing side of the information supply chain. Meanwhile, to a large degree, the BI world has dealt with MDM-related issues as it always has: Issues were solved downstream as part of the extract, transform and load processing. The predicament is that many of the synergies that could be realized by leveraging the operational MDM discipline are often left untouched when it comes to BI. In other words, it is due time for BI to engage in true master data management."
For more information, you can access the full article here.
- Thank you for Joining us at Gartner Enterprise Information and Master Data Summit
- Join us at Collaborate 14 April 7th-11th at the Venetian in Las Vegas!
- Join Oracle at Gartner Enterprise Information and Master Data Management Summit!
- Master Data Management: How to Avoid Big Mistakes in Big Data
- Join Us for a Webcast: Enterprise Best Practices for Complex Multi-Chart/Multi-Ledger Organizations
- Master Data Management and Big Data: Perfect Together!
- Oracle Fusion Product Hub showcased digital catalog publication solution using Product Hub
- Blowout Event: Oracle Value Chain Summit at San Jose’s McHenry Convention Center
- Data Relationship Governance: Effectively Managing Change and Creating a Nimble Enterprise
- Improve Your Customer Experience Through World-Class Data Quality