Once again I have been quiet here on my blog as I have been so crazy busy heads down on all things JavaFX. The FX launch is quickly approaching, but I am so excited to show the world what we have in store. It's world domination. One step at a time. In any case, we have had many late nights and early mornings and when I am not in meetings or in the studio I am listening to my music full blast and getting things done.
What music has my toes tapping recently? I have downloaded a bunch of new releases from some of my favorite people ever, but my trusty and true music always has me coming back for more. Here is what has me going this week in no particular order:
1. Ryan Adams and The Cardinals: Cardinology -- this it the latest release from the crew and it's as beautiful as everything they have ever released. I just recently discovered that they (as in The Cardinals) are on Twitter. If you are interested, follow them here. Along with everything else Mr. Adams does, I could be a happy girl listening to just him alone. But, I have to spread the love to all.
2. Pete Yorn: musicforthemorningafter, Day I Forgot, Nightcrawler and miscellaneous b-side and non-released music that he hasn't put out. Pete just soothes my soul. Enough said. Next up is Pete on Twitter. Again, Mr. Yorn is one I could only listen to and never get tired of hearing him singing.
3. Greg Laswell: Through Toledo and Three Flights From Alto Nido. I am a fan of anything Mr. Laswell does.
4. Keane: Perfect Symmetry -- this is their latest release and definitely a different sound than we are use to from them. But I am slowly beginning to really enjoy this album.
5. Travis: Ode to J. Smith -- how do I love thee? Oh Let me count the ways. I could listen to anything Travis does on constant repeat and never get bored.
6. The Smiths: The Sounds of The Smiths -- The Smiths and Morrissey are my junior high and high school years. iTunes recently got this compilation and there is just something about Morrissey and his voice that will make me feel forever young. And again, one I can listen to over and over.
So there is a little taste of what has me going and helping me when I am heads down. Go and check out some of the amazing artists (or all of them actually). As I always say, your ears will thank you.
Enjoy your day!