Happy Wednesday everyone!
I feel like I haven't really blogged in forever. Last week Heidi and I were at the Web 2.0 Expo in New York doing what we do best. We blogged a lot (well, Heidi did...), we twittered, we shot some new videos for Sun Total Access Network and we hosted our very first BoF. While I didn't feel the conference gave us the what's now, new and next, we did get to talk to lots of interesting people and got to see Project Kenai and Zembly in action in the Sun booth. And our BoF went really, really well! We got to talk all about being social butterflies at Sun and how we use it to grow developer communities. And thanks to JB (John Brock) we got to have some technical expertise in the room to talk Kenai and Zembly. Thanks again JB! Our trip to New York was fast and furious, but we had some fun along the way and came home with our brains a buzzin'.
I am in the throws of planning world domination for JavaFX at the moment, so I have been listening to lots of music. Some new, some old, but mostly, some that I can listen to any day, all day and helps me when I am plugging through a never ending to do list. And BTW, I am sort of digging the whole Genuis function of iTunes. I have tried songs from all different genres and each time, the playlists have been bringing up songs that I love (but then again..it is my music library and why wouldn't I like it) and a lot that I haven't listened to in a long time (that is the problem with having over 15K songs in your library..and that isn't even all my music!) So here is a very short list of what is playing now and what has my toes tapping this week:
1. Phoenix - United (I was catching up on the new season of Entourage last weekend and they had one of my favorite Phoenix songs at the end of the episode...If I Ever Feel Better...and I have been grooving to this album a lot this week).
2. Minibar - Road Movies and Desert After Rain (I get to see Simon playing with Juliana Hatfield tomorrow night, so I am very much in a Minibar mood. Plus, to get to see Simon in my neck of the woods is always fun. Haven't seen him since I was last in LA for my birthday, so it will be good to hang out and see what's up.)
3. Keane - Hopes and Fears (I absolutely love this band...their new album is scheduled for release in November and I cannot wait!)
4. Ryan Adams - every single album. I have them all playing on shuffle and he's always playing in my car, in my house, in the office. I lurve him and his music.
5. Romantica - America - I beg you all to listen to this album and tell me that you won't fall in love with them. It just won't happen. You can't help but listen to this beautiful album over and over again.
6. Sigur Ros - Takk - beautiful, etherial, yet rocker with a bit of an edge music. I totally dig them.
7. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication - being in New York last week made me want to listen to the BB. I am kickin' it old school with this album.
8. Sloan - A Sides Win - I just love these boys! They always know how to put on a rockin' show!!
So there you have it. Not quite a top ten, but there are way more than ten albums that have been pumping through my speakers so far this week. Now I am off to tackle that every growing to do list, so listen up and play it loud! Enjoy the day!