It is 2016 and we are still talking about social media marketing. Believe it or not, there are still companies that have not embraced social media as a means to improve marketing, customer service, lead generation and product development. They may come around in time.
Every year Social Media Examiner conducts a large survey to get a pulse on social media marketing and how marketers are using it. At the recent Social Media Marketing World, we were provided with a preview of some of the data included in the upcoming State of the Social Media Industry Report for 2016. Below you will find what they shared.
1. 73% of marketers increasing their use of video in 2016
2. 21% claim video is the most important form of content marketing
3. 58% of marketers want to improve YouTube knowledge
4. 14% of marketers are using live video
5. 50% of marketers are either using or increasing the use of live video in 2016
6. 50% of marketers want to learn more about live video
7. 40% of marketers do not know if Facebook traffic has declined in the last 12 months
8. 23% of marketers say Facebook traffic has gone down
9. 37% of marketers say Facebook traffic has gone up
10. 67% of marketers will increase their Facebook marketing in 2016
11. 5% more marketers than in 2015 will increase Facebook marketing in 2016
12. 55% of marketers say Facebook is their most important network
13. 4% more marketers than in 2015 said Facebook is their most important network
14. 3% few marketers than in 2015 said Linkedin is their most important network
Exposure is Top Benefit of Social Media
15. 89% of marketers say increased exposure is a benefit of social media
16. 86% of marketers use Facebook ads regularly
17. Only 18% of marketers use Twitter ads regularly
18. 5% of marketers use Snapchat
19. 16% of marketers plan to increase their use of Snapchat
20. 28% of marketers want to learn more about Snapchat
It's not only essential for your business to integrate the best suited social media channels for your customers, but it's also essential that you have a strategy in place for cross-channel marketing. Rather than assessing every multichannel campaign management vendors available, download the Gartner: Critical Capabilities for Multichannel Campaign Management guide now.