Welcome to the Oracle Modern Marketing Blog:
The latest in marketing strategy, technology, and innovation.

Can Polls Make Your Demand Generation More Engaging? [CHART]

Corporate Visions conducted a recent survey of more than 440 marketing and sales professionals. The survey results indicated Marketers’ #1 problem was generating more sales-ready leads. Only 20% of Marketers were confident in their B2B demand gen program’s effectiveness. The other 80% said that the main problem was that the content wasn’t engaging/provocative.

So I decided to find out if polls make demand generation programs more engaging and effective. I talked to Mani Iyer, the CEO of Kwanzoo, who explained to me how adding an in-email rich media poll for a B2B customer typically increased email engagement by over 30% as more prospects clicked from the email to the landing page. As each prospect responds and views the rich media poll results, the prospect’s responses can be captured in Eloqua for future segmentation and use in a nurturing campaign. As a result, leads are accelerated through the sales funnel with more effective nurturing campaigns.


For example, 30,000 B2B emails were sent with a rich media poll. As prospects respond (5% or 1,500 poll clicks), they are added to different nurturing streams which accelerates the process of prospect qualification resulting in a value as much as $37,500 for the Rich Media Poll Nurture Touches.

Are you still using static content such as Whitepapers on your website for prospects to download? Start using some dynamic content by creating an interactive poll that focuses on your customer’s pain point. Work together with Sales in your demand generation planning to provide more engaging content that they can re-use and together you will not only drive more engagement but also more revenue.
Learn more about Kwanzoo’s products and other apps such as SurveyGizmo and Cvent at Eloqua’s AppCloud.

Be the first to comment

Comments ( 0 )
Please enter your name.Please provide a valid email address.Please enter a comment.CAPTCHA challenge response provided was incorrect. Please try again.