Halloween may be over but the season of the witch, if you will, lives on. And it is in this season where many marketers, be they B2C or B2B fall prey to the deadly sins of content marketing.
Fear not marketers for we are here to help guide you from this dark side where deadly sins abound. In our new eBook, The 7 1/2 Deadly Sins of Content Marketing (And How To Avoid Them), we illustrate each deadly sin along with a remedy to cure them as well.
In our post last week, we talked about the first three of these deadly sins of content marketing:
1. Making It All About You. The focus should be always on your customer. Quite simply they do not care about you, they care about what you and your product or service, etc. can do for them.
2. Not Adhering To The N.A.S. Doctrine. AKA the Not Always Selling Doctrine. In other words resist the temptation to try and sell something via every single marketing communication you have with your customer or prospect.
3. Wrong Church, Wrong Pew. Do you know your customers and prospects? I mean really know them? Or are you basically shooting blind, hoping for the best? Those of us in the real world know that far too many brands and businesses simply do not know who their customers are and therefore cannot target them in the first place with their content marketing strategies.
Today we'll discuss sins 4 through 6:
4. Forgetting The 3Rs Of Content Marketing. Never mind Reading, wRiting and aRithmetic, far too many brands big and small forget to repurpose, reuse, and recycle content.
5. Failing To Plan. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. It can't be any easier than that, right? So why do so many marketers fail to create a content marketing plan?
6. On The Wrong Track.You track every other marketing campaign. So why would content marketing be any different? Establish your goals then track and measure your content marketing efforts to ensure you’re meeting or exceeding those goals.
Stop the Sinning Now!
Regardless of how many of the deadly sins of content marketing you have been committing, you can be reformed by downloading The 7 1/2 Deadly Sins of Content Marketing (And How To Avoid Them) today.
Main image source: cdn2.hubspot.net