Editor's Note: Today's post comes courtesy of Sean Callahan, marketing director at Bizo and editor of Digital Marketing Remix. He joined Bizo in 2012 after more than a decade as an editor at Crain Communications' BtoB magazine. His is the author of five children's books, including "The Leprechaun Who Lost His Rainbow." Follow Sean on Twitter @Sean_f_Callahan
Bizo’s B2B Funnelmentals Tour is a unique series of digital marketing industry events. Held in San Francisco (Feb. 27), New York (Mar. 19), and Chicago (May 7), the Funnelmentals Tour is aimed squarely at helping B2B marketers master full-funnel marketing with a combination of display, social advertising, marketing automation, and other digital tactics.
Here are 6 reasons to join us at the Funnelmentals Tour*:
1. Grab insight into best practices of leading edge B2B marketers. The speakers at the Funnelmentals Tour will vary from city to city, but all of the speakers have one thing in common: They’re generating strong results, boosting conversions, and generating leads with their digital marketing. Slated speakers include marketing executives from Avid, Vocus, Zendesk, and Zuora.
2. Learn strategies to help you become a “full-funnel” marketer. Over the past decade, B2B marketers have mastered lower funnel marketing. They know how to optimize search and get the most from their email programs. Nonetheless, surveys show that two-thirds of B2B marketers either aren’t supplying enough leads to sales or don’t know if they’re supplying enough leads to sales. The problem lies in not filling the top funnel with enough prospects, which is why the Funnelmentals Tour will share best practices in using display and other tactics to boost awareness and increase engagement.
3. Get more out of your Eloqua marketing automation system. Many B2B marketers are experts in developing email nurture programs with their marketing automation systems. The next step for marketers is using marketing automation to reach the 95% of their corporate web site visitors who don’t convert and the 80% of their database who don’t open their emails. Speakers at the Funnelmentals Tour will share the positive results they’ve generated by integrating display and social advertising into their marketing automation programs – and by extending their messaging beyond the inbox.
4. Learn why always-on, multichannel marketing is the future. B2B marketers have automated many of their communications tactics, so that they run 24-7. Their web sites are always on. So are their keywords programs on Google and their email nurture programs via their marketing automation systems. Funnelmentals Tour speakers will discuss the next level of always-on, multichannel marketing: maintaining a display and retargeting program that runs 24-7 and ensures they’re consistently building awareness among their target audience and filling the funnel with new prospects.
5. Convenience. First, there’s proximity. The events take place in three of the world’s most vibrant B2B digital marketing hubs: San Francisco, New York, and Chicago. Second, there’s the price: It’s free. To attend, all you have to do is register.
6. Networking. The Funnelmentals Tour content is tastefully sandwiched by an opening networking lunch and a closing happy hour. In addition to the knowledgeable speakers appearing on stage, the crowd at the Funnelmentals Tour stop will be filled with savvy B2B marketers (like yourself) who can share what’s working in digital marketing for them.
Will we see you there?
*Oracle Eloqua is a sponsor of the Bizo Funnelmentals Tour.