The holidays are practically here and to avoid accidentally “bah-humbugging” the marketers in your life here are a few hot items you might find on their holiday wish list.
1. Premium Evernote Subscription: Manage all your ideas, tasks, collaborations, to-do lists and more without limits with a $45 annual subscription to this application.
2. SXSW Interactive Badges: It’s a fact that some of the most transformative businesses have got their start at the annual South By Southwest Festival. With hundreds of sessions covering an almost unreasonable number of topics, this is the most grateful you can make a marketer for $750.
3. Steve Jobs Biography: Let’s face it, marketers are obsessed with the late Steve Jobs and the culture he created at Apple. Walter Isaacson’s biography has been a hit and a must-read.
4. Mobile battery chargers: Marketers are doing more and more business on the go via mobile tech, but not all mobile batteries can keep up. For between $30 to $40 a marketer can get extra mobile life with small portable chargers.
5. Mad Men DVDs: Come on. Marketers love Mad Men. The backdrop of advertising’s heyday and scenes of late night strategy sessions make this show a favorite with creatives and strategists alike.
6. One Password: Help save a marketer’s memory with this helpful password managing application. For $49.99 you can consolidate all your passwords across multiple devices into one platform.
7. Kindle Fire: As mobile browsing and ebooks become more and more popular the Kindle Fire will become an increasingly more useful tool. Its release - which also coincided with a great example of newsjacking- caught the attention of a lot of online influencers making it a must-have toy for the modern marketer.
8. SlideShare Pro Subscription: Ranging from $19 to $249 per month, SlideShare’s pro offerings can provide a great source of value in the form of content curation and even direct leads. From our own experiences with their platinum offering we’ve added nearly 3,000 net new names to our database and almost half a million total views – gifts that seem to just keep on giving.
9. Content Rules by CC Chapman & Ann Handley: According to a study done by Marketing Profs, 41% of marketers surveyed voiced “producing the kind of content that engages prospects and customers” as their biggest challenge. Fortunately, this $15 book can equip a marketer with everything he or she needs to overcome the engaging content creation conundrum.
10. Traackr: Starting at $499 per month Traackr gives high-end influencer identification offerings. As social media marketing grows in adoption, identifying the right people to market to through all the digital noise can turn even the most ardent social media scrooge into a social media champion.
11. BookBook: Chances are the marketer in your life has one, if not all, of the following items: an iPhone, iPad or a MacBook. BookBook helps protect those devices while appearing erudite. Fellow Eloquan, Jesse Noyes, owns one for the iPhone, which doubles as a wallet, and says it’s the most commented on item he owns.
12. Marketing Automation: This is more likely to be something a business buys for its sales and marketing team. But make no mistake, it’s a marketer’s dream: a way to measure, enhance and automate marketing communications all from one platform. Marketing Automation can bring back the fun of developing creative campaigns and intriguing communications by minimizing the time spent on technical processes.
These are just a few ideas, but what’s on your marketing holiday wish list? Feel free to share your own must-have marketing gifts below.