EJB 3.2 Proposed Final Draft is available for review
By Marina Vatkina on Mar 15, 2013
The major changes include
- EJB API groups (see Section 16.1 for more detail)
- Support for MDBs with a no-method message listener interface (see Section 5.4.3 for more detail)
- Container defined security role "**" (see Section 12.3.1 for more detail)
These are the spec changes since the Public Draft as noted in the Change Log:
- Minor editorial changes
- Updated rules for the activationConfig properties to reflect changes to the JMS specification. Removed section "Durable Subscription Name in Clustered Deployment"
- Moved chapter "Specification of Interceptors in the Deployment Descriptor" from the Interceptors specification back to this document
- Added that PostActivate, and PrePassivate lifecycle callback methods follow requirements for the lifecycle callback interceptor methods defined in the Interceptors specification
- Noted the a message-driven bean class may declare a constructor using Inject annotation in addition to a no-arg constructor, if it is a CDI-enabled bean
- Added AroundConstruct to the list of supported lifecycle callback methods.
- Added references to the Interceptors specification for bean instance creation rules if AroundConstruct callback is declared on the associated interceptor class
- Added around-construct interceptor type to the list of deployment descriptor elements used to specify the interceptor methods of an interceptor class
- Replaced newInstance() with a bean constructor to allow for Inject constructor use cases
- Updated to the final versions of the related documents
- Removed explicit 3.2 version where it is not needed
- New: Defined EJB API Groups.
- Renamed Subsection "EJB Lite" to Subsection "EJB Lite and Other EJB API Groups".
- Replaced table "Required contents of EJB Lite and Full EJB API" with "EJB API Groups".
- Added section 16.1.1, "Support for Other EJB API Groups in an EJB Lite Container".
- Added section 16.1.2, "Integration with Other Technologies".
- Updated related Embeddable Container requirements (18.3.1) to not require .war file support
- Updated XML Schema definition to the latest version
- Added section on relationship to the JAX-RS Specification
- New: Added Container provided security role named "**" to indicate any authenticated caller independent of the actual role name
- Adjusted section 11.4, "Simple Environment Entries", and fixed the list of the naming context that the container must implement to be consistent with the Java EE Platform specification
- Added lookup-name to a deployment descriptor override rules for a Resource annotation
- Replaced description of the resource-ref and the resource-env-ref elements with the references to the Java EE Platform specification
- Updated section 16.3.5, "JMS API Requirements" to reflect the latest requirements in the JMS specification
- Updated sections 16.3.3 and 16.3.4 to match the latest versions of the corresponding specification
- Replaced footnote in section 4.6.5, "Disabling Passivation of Stateful Session Beans" with a text note on failover of stateful session beans and use of passivation
- New: Added message-driven bean with a no-method listener interface
- Updated "What is New in This Release"