OpenDS 2.2 Update 1
By mcraig on Oct 29, 2010
The OpenDS development team is pleased to announce availability of the latest stable release, OpenDS 2.2 Update 1. OpenDS is an LDAPv3 compliant directory service written entirely in Java.
Thanks to all of you who helped us test the release candidate!
OpenDS 2.2 Update 1 incorporates fixes for the following issues with OpenDS 2.2.
- Revision 6621 (Issue #4558) - SSHA password storage scheme was not backward-compatible with other servers.
- Revision 6561 (Issue #4575) - Issues prevented use of dsreplication with jdk1.6.0_21 on Linux.
- Revisions 6414, 6518 (Issue #4553) - Referential Integrity Plugin failed to remove a group member.
- Revision 6400 (Issue #4547) - Search Filter matching differed for cn=Directory Manager and plain user.
- Revision 6405 (Issue #4546) - Exception during replication caused deadlock.
- Revision 6519 (Issue #4534) - Replication using security failed to resume after server restart.
- Revision 6399 (Issue #4523) - ACI and subentry caches were not updated on replicas.
- Revision 6365 (Issue #4492) - Base search returned unknown error.
The OpenDS 2.2 release notes have been modified in place to accommodate the update. The rest of the OpenDS 2.2 documentation applies as is. See https://docs.opends.org/2.2/.We welcome community feedback. Please report your experience with OpenDS on our mailing lists.
OpenDS 2.2 Update1 is built from revision 6621 of our source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.1/OpenDS-2.2.1.zip.
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.1/OpenDS-2.2.1-DSML.war.
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.1/OpenDS-2.2.1-DSML.war, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.