Happy New Year!
Some of you have already seen the news elsewhere, but here it is again if you missed it. Congratulations to Pedro Vazquez, Gary Williams, Guillaume Andru, and the whole team from Enterprise Manager and Directory Server Enterprise Edition who made this release possible.
Last year, just in time for Christmas in fact, Oracle published a plug-in for Enterprise Manager Grid Control. This plug-in is another win for Oracle and Sun integration, adding monitoring capabilities through Enterprise Manager for both the latest Sun and Oracle versions of Directory Server. What follows is a summary excerpt from the documentation.
The System Monitoring Plug-in for Oracle Directory Server collects and displays information and performance metrics for your target Oracle Directory Server including:
- Directory Server information
- Performance data about the LDAP operations
- Performance data about Directory Server instance connections
- Performance data about Directory Server internal queues
- Performance data about Directory Server internal resources (caches, locks, transactions, etc.)
- Data about LDAP errors
You can download Oracle System Monitoring Plug-in for Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/downloads/plugin-directory-server-198363.html. The plug-in install guide is available through a link on that page as well.