By Manoj Madhusoodanan-Oracle on May 20, 2012
In this blog I will explain how to embed custom OAF region into standard OAF Page.I will explain with a sample business scenario.
In the standard Supplier Quick Update page I want to display the Supplier Party details in a custom region.So I want to query the hz_party table based on the supplier party id.Supplier party I can get from "PosPartyId" page parameter.( How to list page parameters).
I am using following custom components to display party information.
View Object : xxcust.oracle.apps.pos.supplier.server.XxustHzPartiesVO
Application Module : xxcust.oracle.apps.pos.supplier.server.XxcustSupplierAM
Region : /xxcust/oracle/apps/pos/supplier/webui/XxCustListHzPartyInfoRN
Region should be of style stackLayout.
After deploying all the above listed components into $JAVA_TOP we need to create personalization to embed the custom region into QuickUpdate Page.
Following are the steps.
1) Go to /oracle/apps/pos/supplier/webui/QuickUpdatePG and click on Personalize Page.
2) In the personalization page click on Complete View.In the pageLayoutRN click on Create Item.
3) In the create item page choose Level as Site and Item Style as Flexible Layout and create the item.
4) Create a Flexible Content item inside above create item by clicking Create Item in personalization page.
5) Click on Apply and in the Personalize Page Hierarchy page click on Return to Application.