By Manoj Madhusoodanan on May 31, 2012
This blog tells about how to set dynamic layout of a BI Publisher report.Lets take a simple business scenario.If user wants to view the output in either PDF or EXCEL.Two ways we can achieve this.
1) If the output type is not a program parameter the we can choose the layout type at the time of submission in the SRS window.
2) If the report output type is a parameter we need to choose the layout at the time of submission of the request using FND_REQUEST.ADD_LAYOUT.
Here I am discussing the second approach.Following components I have created for this scenario.
1) XXCUST - Sample Report : This program actually generates the XML data. It is linked with a RTF template.
Note: At the time of creating this program you can uncheck Use in SRS to prevent users from submitting from SRS window.Because we are submitting this program from another concurrent program.Also is not required to add it to request group.
2) XXCUST - Report Wrapper : This program calls XXCUST - Sample Report and exposed to user through SRS.
3) SAMPLE_REPORT_WRAPPER : Executable which calls xxcust_sample_rep.main
4) SAMPLE_REPORT_EXE : Executable which calls xxcust_sample_rep.report_main
5) XXCUST - Sample Report Data Definition : Data Definition linked to XXCUST - Sample Report
6) XXCUST - Sample Report Template : Template linked to XXCUST - Sample Report Data Definition