Invoking OAF through form personalization (Zoom to Another Page)
By Manoj Madhusoodanan on May 13, 2012
This blog describes how to invoke a OAF page through form personalization.Let's explain with a requirement.
From standard HRMS Assignment form we are going to invoke a custom OAF page which will show the supervisor details.
Following things should be in place before doing personalization.
1) OAF page which shows the supervisor details.This page will accept a parameter PERSON_ID as parameter and
displays the person's information.
Page Name : XXCUSTSupervisorInfoPG.xml
Controller : XXCUSTSupervisorInfoPG.java
2) Form function which refers to XXCUSTSupervisorInfoPG
Steps to call OAF through form personalization
1) Navigate to Assignment Form
US Super HRMS Manager > People > Enter and Maintain
2) Choose Help > Diagnostics > Custom Code > Personalize
We have to create a menu item under Tools. So we have to create a personalization
- Second thing is we have to attach a function call to above created menu item
The condition :ASSGT.ASSIGNMENT_ID IS NOT NULL is to prevent the page open when user clicks at first time.
Note: Here we are passing SUPERVISOR_ID from ASSGT block to custom OAF page.Before calling the OAF please verify the required parameter is there or not.Choose Help > Diagnostics > Examine.Choose the Block Name and check the required fields is presented or not.
3) Save and close the personalization screen. Close the entier form application. Open form servelet again.Now you can see the newly created menu item under Tools.
4) Click on Show Supervisor.You can see the supervisor details details in the custom OAF page.
While migrating the code components use following script to migrate form personalization.
FNDLOAD apps/password 0 Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/affrmcus.lct ldt_file_name FND_FORM_CUSTOM_RULES form_name=PERWSHRG