Web Server 7 unleashed
By manish on Jan 23, 2007
The all new Sun Java System Web Server 7.0 in standalone form has been released and is now available for download. This release features an entirely re-designed Administration interface designed around clusters, easy access to frequently performed tasks, simplification of frequently performed tasks, and a fully scriptable command line interface(CLI) featuring functional parity with the browser-based interface.
Here's my top 10 list of what's cool in this release:
- Full 64-bit support for Solaris SPARC and Solaris AMD64 platforms
- Regular expression pattern matching for URL re-writing and mass hosting
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Built in request mapping for protection against abnormal load patterns and Denial of Service protection
- Out-of-box Java support for Servlets 2.4, JSP 2.0, JSF 1.1, JSTL 1.1, JWSDP 2.0 based web services
- Java session failover and recovery within a cluster of peers
- Integrated HTTP reverse proxy User-Agent
- Bundled FastCGI client for use with third party scripting environments like Perl, PHP, Ruby on Rails etc
- If/Then/Else constructs within request processing
- Advanced sed based input and output filters
For additional information, check out the Product Documentation. Download this release and send us your feedback. To discuss any features or if you have any questions, you can post to the web server forum.