By Maijaliisa Burkert on May 06, 2009
This week Sun announced that to date more than 17 petabytes of total data storage from the Sun Storage 7000 family have been sold to hundreds of customers across a wide range of industries. This makes the Sun Storage 7000 family the fastest growing new product in Sun's storage portfolio ever! The solutions offered within the family have already saved users more than $50 million in storage costs.
Sun also announced hardware capacity enhancements to the Sun Unified Storage family, and an upgrade to its Analytics software (which ships with the Sun Storage 7000 line), and gives storage administrators unparalleled insight into their storage systems.
Included among the upgrades to the Sun Storage 7000 family:
- Sun Storage 7000 software upgrade with more than 15 new features ;
- Double the amount of capacity on the Sun Storage 7110 system, an upgrade to four terabytes ;
- Triple the amount of capacity of the Sun Storage 7210 system, which can now hold 142 terabytes.
The Sun Storage 7000 family can be installed and configured in under five minutes, uses three times less power and space and costs up to 75% less than traditional disk storage offerings. The simple but comprehensive analytics environment includes tools to help isolate and resolve issues to minimize the impact on daily operations.
Additionally, new Sun Services for the Sun Storage 7000 family include:
- Implementation and Assessment services that goes beyond standard setup and installation by providing expertise to help ensure systems are running at an optimal level from the first installation.
- Sun Unified Storage Data Migration Services which minimize disruption and allow full feature functionality of new technology investments.
Check out the video to learn all about the growing momentum, and benefits of Sun Storage 7000 systems.