By lyon on Dec 15, 2008
If you want to use a projector with your OpenSolaris laptop, it's here.
I am running OpenSolaris 2008.11\* on a Toshiba Tecra M3 laptop equipped with an Nvidia graphic card.
(\* # uname -a returns: SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris )
1) Before booting your PC, check that LCD + ANALOG RGB is set up in Power On Display line in the BIOS. For my PC, the sequence is Esc + F1 to enter the BIOS.
2) Boot OpenSolaris
3) Go to System -> Preferences -> NVIDIA X Server Settings
4) Connect your external projector.
5) In the NVIDIA menu:
- move to X Server Display Configuration
- select Detect Display
(click to enlarge)
The external screen is appearing.
6) From the Model selector
- choose the external Display
- select configure and put "Twinview".
Then for that display, select the same resolution as your internal screen. Plus select clone for the external screen.
7) Select apply. The X Server restarts and you are done.