By lukas on Nov 03, 2009
Nothing unexpected obviously, the netbeans.org is being migrated. The migration started on Monday, November 2, at 5:00 PM CET/8:00 AM PST. Everything will be back on November 9.
What is going to happen during and after the migration?
- All services (except hg.netbeans.org) will switch to read-only mode or become completely unavailable till 11/9
- Bug tracking system, Mailing lists server, and the Wiki won't be available (or only in RO mode) during the migration
- You'll receive new password for the account in new infrastructure by email
- If you used more accounts with the same email address then only the latest used account will be migrated (more details)
- We will use same password for all services in netbeans.org after migration. It means, you will have just one password for web, mercurial and wiki
- Mailing list changes
- subscriptions will be migrated
- mapping of old to new mailing lists
- mailing list archives will be migrated too
- Bug tracking system
- will be changed to bugzilla
- there will be lot of changes in the RESOLUTIONS, STATUSES, KEYWORDS - see complete list
- filling new bug will be easier because the list of projects will be shorter
- table of all new components/subcomponents
- all issues in RESOLVED/LATER were closed as WONTFIX in last days. If you don't agree reopen them after the migration. However most of these issues are low priority bugs that were out of the radar of the development anyway. Test in latest NB6.8 Beta if they are still valid, please.
- More details in the FAQs mentioned in the previous post
- Login to https://www.netbeans.org/people/login with the password mentioned in the e-mail; then create your new password.
- If you use Mercurial to check out the NetBeans sources, you must also change the password in your local hg netbeans repositories
- Update your email client's filters for mailing lists because some mailing lists will have new names