teams are working on the next release. That's obviously no big surprise. However there was a small change in the release schedule that influenced a lot of the people, including the community. If you are following the release schedule carefully then you might notice the small shift of the release dates
. The main reason was the JavaFX support. The support wasn't planned for the NB 6.8 Beta originally. The main reason was that the team working on the support needed more time to stabilize the features for JavaFX SDK 1.2.1 and the new NetBeans
APIs. Therefore we wanted to release the FX plugins together with a release candidate.
However it wouldn't be a good message to community that we don't have Java FX support, right? That's why we decided to ship Beta later then expected. So you should have chance to try the Java FX in NB 6.8. It will be in Beta quality and I really don't recommend it for production work. Anyway, it is better then the 6.7! Some features will be disabled as the decision to release it in Beta came in last minute and there isn't enough time to stabilize them more (more in some next post).
What are the pros / cons
of the postponed Beta release?
- +More bugs will be fixed. It should mean more stable release.
- +Java FX will be part of the Beta.
- -Community received M2 instead of Beta.
- +but the M2 i in Beta quality already