By lukas on Oct 29, 2009
The Java FX plugins for NetBeans were released together with the NetBeans 6.8 Beta. The functionality is available in following two NetBeans IDE distributions - All, Java FX. If you have different distro you can enhance it from "Tools > Plugins".
New or Improved Features: For the "old" NetBeans user some of the features could "WT\*? It works for years". However it wasn't true for Java FX files and projects in previous versions.
- Click through navigation in Editor - . Navigates using Ctrl + mouse over selected type, which provides hyperlink to used type.
- Go To Type
- Java FX Editor Hints
- Add Imports -
- Unused variables -
- Remove unused imports -
- Surround with try-catch -
- Implement abstract methods -
- Overridden method -
- Fix package -
- and some static hints -
- Add Imports -
- Code Completion - Overall fixes in code completion. Faster, more accurate. Unfortunately there are still issues when compiler is not able to parse not compilable source files.
- Debugger - the old debugger has been removed and rewritten to use common debugger infrastructure in NetBeans. This brings better extensibility and performance, but the set of fundamental issues (such as non functional watches) remains due to JavaFX class files weaknesses.
- Profiler - the same feature set as in previous versions.
- Refactoring - Refactoring is turned off by default because issues in compiler may cause data loss. Turn refactoring on by running NetBeans with command line switch -J-Djavafx.refactoring=true on your own risk.
What you can expect soon?
- quality is increasing as the whole team focused on bugfixing. You can noticed the positive bug progress in last weeks.
- fixed refactoring will be part of the plugins asap
- fixed debugger - there are some bugs in javafx compiler that are blocking the fixes in NetBeans IDE however there is lot of issues that have to be fixed before FCS
- reformatting of code - will be re-written for the 6.8 to provide much more better results than in "old" releases.
- fxd composer - lot of fixes for better performance and usability
- Report bugs
- or leave me comment...