Milestone 4 for Mobility Pack
By lukas on Oct 24, 2006
I think that you will be interested in the new features of the trunk. I didn't try the new features yet. They are very well described in New and Noteworthy of Milestone 4.
New Features in M4
- Mobility Deployment Manager - you can define a deployment type or every of your configuration. The management of the types should be easy and user friendly.
- Flexible Build System and Project Customizer - Mobility Pack developers are nuts. They are working on flexible and customizable build system. You should be able to easilly add your build tasks to the main build process. Do you know how do they call it? LEGO.
- Experimental Plugins - these are only experimental plugins to test the functionallity of the new Mobility Pack "lego build system". If you had problems with adding Blackberry emulator, MPowerPLayer emulator to MobPack or you wanted to have a library that you'd share between Java Me and Java SE projects then try the Experimentals plugins.
- Code Snippets - that's feature that should save lot of work to developers. Drag'n'drop your very often used snippet of code and paste it into your source code. Look at a tutorial and the source code how to create your own snippets.
- you should notice the features that are new in release 6.0 too
Some of the features aren't available in the build you have to build the module from Mobility Pack Sources and add it by yourself. I'd like to find a little bit of time to try it by myself...