Developing for Jasper S20 with Mobility Pack for CDC
By lukas on May 30, 2006
- install drivers for SavaJe (on SavaJe CD in directory E:\\GSPDA Mobile Drivers\\)
- download and install NetBeans 5.5 Beta + Mobility Pack 5.5 Preview Update 1 for CDC
- download and install Sun Java Toolkit 1.0 for CDC (early access available now). [the download button is at the bottom of the page]
- Run NetBeans IDE
- Add CDC Platform to NetBeans' Java Platfrom Manager (flash demo)
- Create New Project (File | New Project) for CDC. The icon of the project looks like on the picture on right.
- You can try to run the application in the emulator first. (flash demo)
- Set directory to deploy in Properties
- Deploy the project to the SavaJe phone (flash demo)
- before running the application on the phone. (flash demo) The card can be used either by windows or by the phone.
- Run the application on the phone. It is located in Menu | My Applications
- Set the Debug port in Properties of the project
- Check the Add debug information to jnlp file checkbox
- To set up the SavaJe phone correctly follow the steps on SavaJe twiki
- I'm able to ping the phone IP
C:\\>ping 192.168.254.1 Pinging 192.168.254.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.254.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255 Reply from 192.168.254.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255 Reply from 192.168.254.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=255 Reply from 192.168.254.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255 Ping statistics for 192.168.254.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 2ms
- Deploy the application with updated informations in jnlp file. Unmount it.
- Start the application on the phone. It won't do anything it should wait for the connection from the debugger
- Run -> Attach Debugger. Set the properties
Connector = SocketAttach Transport = dt_socket Host = 192.168.254.1 Port = 9462
- You should be attached to the application and you can debug. It doesn't work for me. I still receive "Connection refused."
- NetBeans Mobility Pack For CDC
- Developing for the SavaJe Mobile Platform
- SavaJe Developer Community Wiki
- SavaJe Java Developer Community Forums
- Download NetBeans 5.5
- Download Mobility Pack 5.5 Preview Update 1 for CDC
- Download Sun Java Toolkit 1.0 for CDC