I'm not the athletic type. Not even close. Even tho' I am physically active, getting and staying in shape via routine workouts is a tall order.
Last week, I paired up with Thin Guy
on a workout routine that seems to be working. Here's the gist of it:
- Both workout buddies need to complete and report a workout every 24 hours
- If one doesn't report a workout by that evening, the other has to complete their buddy's workout that evening (ick!)
- No early banking or making-ups of missed workouts
See how that works? For most of us, it's easy to not take time to take care of ourselves. It's easy to let ourselves down, but not so easy to let others down.
It's only day four for Team BWMB (@ditucci figured it out
), but thus far we're winning 4-0.
A couple tips:
- Twitter makes it easy to record your workouts. I do this by tweeting my status to @twitfit
- Pick a partner who knows your weaknesses that are likely to sabotage your cadence. Mine just effectively pulled me out of the vortex of distraction: