JConsole plugin for VisualVM Milestone 1
By lmalvent on Jan 23, 2008
- JConsole core tabs are no longer available, just custom JConsole plugins.
- The aim of this plugin is to serve as a smooth migration path for JConsole plugin developers and thus only the custom JConsole plugins supplied using the jconsole.plugin.path system property will be loaded into the VisualVM tool.
$ visualvm [-J-Djconsole.plugin.path=<plugin-path>]
- where <plugin-path> specifies the paths to the jar files of the JConsole plugins to look up. Multiple paths are separated by the path separator character of the platform.
- I have already integrated this plugin in VisualVM's main dev trunk such that in VisualVM Milestone 2 this plugin will be downloadable from the VisualVM Plugins Center.
- JConsole plugin paths to be supplied through the Tools > Options panel instead of the command-line system property.