By Listey-Oracle on May 02, 2012
Not using Oracle Solaris Zones? I have to ask, why not? With massive adoption on Oracle Solaris and the additions to Oracle Solaris Zones in Oracle Solaris 11 the reasons to place your applications inside a zone just become more and more compelling.
Now, there is one less reason not to move. It's there already as part of the product in Oracle Solaris 11, but for those of you with Oracle Solaris 10 systems you can now get access to the Oracle Solaris Zones Preflight System Checker on OTN (scroll down a bit from the link).
You can now evaluate an Oracle Solaris 10 host for migration into an Oracle Solaris Zone. The following migration scenarios are supported:
- Migration to an Oracle Solaris Zone on an Oracle Solaris 10 Host.
- Migration to an Oracle Solaris Zone on an Oracle Solaris 11 Host.
And gives you the following capabilities:
- Analysis of the Oracle Solaris configuration, including networking, storage, and Oracle Solaris Operating system features in use.
- Analysis of application binaries.
- Analysis of running applications.
- Generation of a template Oracle Solaris Zone configuration to use on the target host.