By Jamesmorris-Oracle on Aug 11, 2015
Next week in Seattle is a big one for Linux, with LinuxCon North America on from 17-19 August, as well as a series of co-located events, including CloudOpen, the Linux Plumbers Conference, ContainerCon, the Xen Project Developer Summit, and the Linux Security Summit. There's a whole bunch more, including a 5km fun run at some point, for the truly enthusiastic.
Several folks from the Oracle Mainline Linux Kernel team will be participating:
- Sowmini Varadhan will be giving two talks:
- A Scalable, Unified IOMMU LIbrary for Multiple Architectures
- RDS-over-TCP: More Than Just Cluster IPC
- Lidza Louina will be talking about her experience as an Outreach Program for Women (OPW) intern on the Kernel Internship Report (Outreachy) panel.
- James Morris will participate in the Linux Kernel Panel, then chair the Linux Security Summit later in the week.
- Darrick Wong will be leading the File and Storage Systems track at Linux Plumbers.
Folks presenting from other, related groups at Oracle include:
- Elena Ufimtseva
- Wiekus Beukes
- Dave Stokes
- Sasha Levin
- Konrad Wilke
Additionally, Wim Coekaerts, the SVP of our group, will be giving a keynote, How the Cloud Revolution is Changing the Role of the Operating System.
There'll be other folks from these teams in attendance. If you're interested in coming to work on the mainline Linux kernel at Oracle, please feel free to talk to myself or any others you see with an Oracle badge, or drop by our booth.