Hi everyone, are you a technical writer knowledgeable on Linux and virtualization?
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to work on producing documentation for our Linux and Virtualization products. Our documentation team is responsible for documenting Oracle VM, Oracle PCA, Oracle Linux, Oracle Secure Global Desktop. We are hiring around the area of Linux and Server Virtualization. It is possible that assignments will shift around eventually within the set of products listed above.
The work environment provides the opportunity for learning and continually acquiring new skills, delivering to revenue generating products and working with the latest network, server and virtualization technologies. Candidates should be prepared to work intensively with our developers and support organization when writing documentation and should be interested not just in writing but also in the technical aspects of publishing documentation.
Our team members are expected to be motivated and to work independently, requiring discipline and excellent time-management skills as well as the technical facilities to communicate across the Internet/Intranet. A strong sense of autonomy and excellent communication skills are essential to facilitate working across geographies and with information sources from technical and product management job functions since the department is highly geographically distributed.
- Native English speaker
- Solid Knowledge of virtualization technologies and storage
- Ability to learn new technologies
- 5 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation
- Experience with writing documentation for virtualization and / or Operating Sytems products
- Solid knowledge of the Linux operating system, and its commands.
- Familiarity with other operating systems: Solaris, Windows
- Solid Knowledge of XML, DocBook XML, and XSL style sheets
- Knowledge of Wikis and HTML- Experience with graphical tools
- Familiarity with distributed working environments and source code versioning systems such as SVN
- Familiarity with X86_64 and Sparc hardware architectures is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to administer own workstation and test environment
- Natural curiosity
Position #: 150001G2 - Technical Writer