Wednesday Feb 05, 2014
Friday Nov 01, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Nov 01, 2013
I hope you were able to catch our webcast "Why Choose Oracle Linux for your Oracle Database 12c Deployments" earlier this week so you could ask questions of our experts in real-time. But if you didn't, or want to share the content with your colleagues, the on-demand version is our Friday Spotlight this week.
We'll see you next week!
Thursday Oct 24, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Oct 24, 2013
The October 2013 edition of the Oracle Linux Newsletter is here! This issue is absolutely packed with information. Some highlights:
- Information on the "Why Choose Oracle Linux for Your Oracle Database 12c Deployments?" webcast coming up on October 30.
- Now Available: Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel 3
- Oracle Linux Highlights from Oracle OpenWorld 2013
- Oracle Linux Now Available on Microsoft Azure
- Faster Downloads of Oracle Linux Updates
Plus, videos, white papers, customer spotlights, information on training, and much more! You can sign up to get the newsletter in your inbox automatically, or you can read this edition online right now.
Monday Oct 07, 2013
By Zeynep Koch on Oct 07, 2013
You are invited to the live webcast on Wed, October 30, 2013, 10am PT featuring Sumanta Chatterjee, Vice President, Database Engineering, and Monica Kumar, Senior Director Product Marketing of Oracle as speakers.
Oracle Database on Oracle Linux helps customers lower IT costs while delivering high quality of service. With Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Linux, customers benefit from the joint development and testing resulting in optimized features, better stability and higher performance to enable the next generation of enterprise applications.
In this webcast, Oracle experts will cover:
- Advantages of choosing Oracle Linux for Oracle Database
- Key optimizations and features such as Database Smart Flash Cache, data integrity, and Cgroups that make Oracle Linux the best performing and most reliable Linux for deploying Oracle Database
- Tools to simplify and speed deployment of Oracle Database on Linux, including Oracle VM Templates, Oracle Validated Configurations, and pre-install RPM
- Integrated database and operating system management with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Real-life customer examples
You will also have an opportunity to ask your questions and chat to the speakers and Oracle experts during this webcast.
Don’t miss this informative session. Register now.
Friday Aug 09, 2013
By Monica Kumar on Aug 09, 2013
Join us for a live webcast on August 27 at 9am PT and find out how you can switch from Red Hat Enterprise Linux to Oracle Linux in minutes.
In this webcast, you will learn about:
- The why and how of switching from Red Hat Enterprise Linux to Oracle Linux
- Industry-leading Linux management and high-availability tools (included with Oracle Linux subscription at no charge)
- Differentiated features, including Ksplice and DTrace
- Deep testing and integration with the Oracle stack
- Customer-use cases
With Oracle Linux, you get free access to the most advanced Linux
operating system, better testing, integration with enterprise
infrastructure and applications, and world-class support at a fraction
of the cost.
Senior Director, Product Marketing Linux, Virtualization and MySQL, Oracle
Director, Linux Product Management, Oracle
Tuesday Apr 24, 2012
By Zeynep Koch on Apr 24, 2012
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Time: 9:00 AM PDT
Deploying Linux systems? Join our Linux expert for this live webcast and learn how avoid common pitfalls, prevent problems and circumvent known issues to accelerate your deployment. Find out how to configure your Linux system the right way, learn diagnostics tricks, and get a wealth of best practices for running Linux in real-world enterprises. This session is guaranteed to help you achieve faster and lower-cost Linux implementations. You'll walk away with real tips that can be put into practice right away.
Director, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle
Greg is a Director in Oracle that manages team of software developers across eight countries and six time zones responsible for Oracle Linux, Oracle VM for x86 (Virtualization server and management), and Oracle Sun Ray Desktop Thin Client.
Thursday Sep 22, 2011
By Lenz Grimmer on Sep 22, 2011
In case you missed the live webcast about "Zero Downtime Updates with Ksplice" on Sept. 20th, a replay of this session is now available from here. In this session, Monica Kumar (Senior Director, Product Marketing) is joined by Wim Coekaerts (Senior VP Linux and Virtualization Engineering) and Waseem Daher, former COO and Co-Founder of Ksplice, to provide an introduction and explain the benefits of this technology for our customers. Ksplice for Oracle Linux Premier customers is available now, the Getting Started with Ksplice document (pdf) outlines the steps required to enable it.
If you want to learn more about Ksplice and Oracle Linux, please also take a look at our Ksplice Data Sheet (pdf) and this general presentation (pdf). Waseem will also talk about this exciting technology in detail at Oracle OpenWorld, where he will be joined by Chris Mason (Director Linux Kernel Engineering) and myself in a joint presentation about new features and developments in Oracle Linux 6 and the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: Frequently Asked Questions about Oracle Linux
- Friday Spotlight: Accelerating MySQL on Oracle Linux with Flash
- The February '14 Oracle Linux Newsletter is Out!
- Friday Spotlight: Vitual Sysadmin Day and Hands On Labs
- Webinar:How to Save Time and Cost with Nimble Storage SmartStack for Oracle with Cisco UCS (Feb 25)
- Proving and Extending Your Oracle Linux Expertise
- Friday Spotlight: Upcoming In Person Events In EMEA
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 1 is now available
- Friday Spotlight: OCFS2 Best Practices Guide
- Miro Consulting and Oracle Presents - Take a Bite Out of Linux Support Costs