Friday Dec 18, 2015
Tuesday Oct 27, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 27, 2015
Happy Tuesday to all Oracle OpenWorld attendees and those watching online.
Today is full of important Keynotes and General sessions by Oracle Linux and Virtualization team. Keynotes are at Moscone North, Hall D., first one 8:30 10:15 a.m. "Oracle Software Innovations", Thomas Kurian, the second one - not to be missed- "The Secure Cloud", by Larry Ellison, 1:30 p.m.–3:15 p.m. These keynotes will be streamed live from Oracle OpenWorld website.
For Linux and Virtualization audiences the key event is the general sessions. Oracle's Wim Coekaerts, Sr.VP of Linux and Virtualization Engineering will present the General sessions highlighted in red below, mark them in your schedule and don't miss:
- General Session: Oracle Linux—the State of the Penguin [GEN9479]Tuesday, Oct 27, 11:00 a.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Secure Your Data Center with Oracle Linux [CON9483] Tuesday, Oct 27, 12:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- General Session: How Oracle Linux and Virtualization Power the Cloud [GEN9486] Tuesday, Oct 27, 4:00 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Oracle VM: Complete and Integrated Virtualization Solution in a Data Center [CON6120] Tuesday, Oct 27, 5:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
If you missed the Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase, Moscone South, Booth #121 yesterday, today is the day to visit. We will have the Oracle product managers and engineers and Partner experts to answer your questions.
Today's theatre sessions in the showcase area will be:
We all look forward to talking to you.
Friday Oct 23, 2015
FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: OOW15 Showcase, Demos and Theatre Sessions for Oracle Linux,Virtualization and OpenStack
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 23, 2015
Yesterday, we covered all our Sessions and Hands-on-Labs at Oracle OpenWorld. Today's Friday Spotlight is dedicated to our Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase at Moscone South, Booth 121 where we will have Oracle demo kiosks, partners and theatre sessions. We have 8 Partners showcasing their solution and 8 Oracle product demos presented by Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, Oracle VM for VirtualBox, SGD, Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux teams. Makes sure to stop by and have a conversation.
Here's the showcase layout:
As you see from the layout, we also have an in showcase theatre. The schedule for our theatre session is as follows, mark the times to hear some exciting, interesting topics from our Partners and Oracle team:
If you are still not so sure, here are more reason to come by. We are giving away some amazing gifts and you can enter in a raffle to win an Intel NUC or a Penguin. Get your passport which we will distribute at the booth 121 and the Oracle Linux and Virtualization sessions, have it stamped by Partners, then stop by our showcase theatre at 3pm that day for the drawing.
We hope to see you at Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase.
Friday Oct 02, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 02, 2015
Happy Friday everyone!
Today's topic will be about our amazing showcase at Oracle OpenWorld, Oct 25-29. The Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack showcase is located in Moscone South, booth #121, featuring Oracle product demos and Partners. In past years, our showcase had been a great location to see demos of Oracle Linux and Oracle VM as well as solutions from our Partners. This year, it is expanded with Oracle OpenStack product demos and a theatre. Here's a list of the Oracle and Partner kiosks, don't forget to visit and talk to one of the experts that can help you out with your questions:
- SLX-007 - Access Applications Securely with Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- SLX-008 - Oracle VM VirtualBox
- SLX-009 - Enhance Security and Reduce Costs Using Zero-Downtime Updates with Oracle Linux and Ksplice
- SLX-010 - Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux -Enterprise Ready
- SLX-011 - Oracle Linux for the Cloud-Enabled Data Center
- SLX-012 - Develop and Distribute Containerized Applications with Oracle Linux
- SLX-013 - Oracle VM Server for x86
- SLX-014 - Oracle VM Server for SPARC
The table below lists the featured Partners and their solutions:
The Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, and OpenStack Showcase will also include an in-booth theatre for Partners and Oracle experts to share their solutions to customers and partners, alike. For the latest listing of theatre sessions currently confirmed please refer to the Schedule Builder.
Don't forget to visit us at Moscone South #121, we will giveaway some great software (keeping it as a surprise- you need to come and see) and be in the drawing for our famous penguins and and Intel Mini PC - NUC appliance where you can use it for set top boxes to video surveillance, and home entertainment systems to digital signage, it is one appliance that can do it all.
Thursday Jul 30, 2015
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jul 30, 2015
The July 2015 edition of the Oracle Linux Newsletter is now available! In this issue, read about:
- Getting Started with Docker on Oracle Linux
- LinuxCon North America
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0
- Oracle Private Cloud Appliance 2.0.5
- Oracle OpenStack SlideShare site
- And much more!
Friday Jul 10, 2015
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jul 10, 2015
I know a lot of folks use Oracle VM VirtualBox to run Oracle Linux VMs. I do this myself every day. The ability to run multiple machines with different operating systems on a laptop is incredibly helpful. For example, you can do Docker development in Oracle Linux on your Macbook. Or if you're running Linux as your main OS, you could have a Windows VM, maybe for some pesky corporate apps that won't run on Linux. The possibilities are just endless.
Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0 was released this week, with a number of key features. Things like:
- Runtime disk encryption
- Drag and drop between nearly all host and guest combinations (including my typical Mac host->Oracle Linux guest setup)
- USB 3.0 support
- Headless launch support (say you need a local server VM running in the background!)
- Performance improvements with paravirtualization for newer Linux and Windows guests
Friday Jun 05, 2015
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jun 05, 2015
Happy Friday! Our Spotlight this week is on one of our favorite topics, Oracle OpenWorld!
Oracle OpenWorld Latin America 2015 is quickly approaching and there is a lot of information on Oracle Linux, Oracle virtualization, OpenStack, Docker, and much more for you to enjoy and learn about.
Oracle OpenWorld Latin America 2015
June 23-25, 2015
Transamerica Expo Center
São Paulo, Brazil
The content catalog is open and there you will find four sessions dedicated to Oracle Linux and virtualization, and a huge number of other topics. In addition, there will be demos of our technologies in the DEMOgrounds areas.
If you're attending Oracle OpenWorld Latin America this year, we hope to see you there!
Friday Apr 18, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Apr 18, 2014
See you next week!
Thursday Aug 25, 2011
By Lenz Grimmer on Aug 25, 2011
The second OTN Sys Admin Day will take place on Thursday, September 08, 2011. It will be from 8:00am to 4:00pm at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel (1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814).
Similar to the very successful OTN Developer Days, this is an event especially for system administrators. Attendance is free and there will be two parallel tracks about Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris. The sessions will be very hands-on and participants will have to bring their own laptops to perform the exercises. We'll be using virtual appliances running in VirtualBox for the labs, so make sure you have it installed already when you arrive!
Below is the planned agenda for this event. This is a free event and the number of seats is limited, so please register soon!
Update: If you can't make it to Sacramento, we have another sysadmin day scheduled for September 22nd in Seattle (WA). Check this page for more details and registration!
Overview of Oracle Operating Systems
|9:30 a.m.||Overview of Oracle Solaris||Overview of Oracle Linux|
|10:00 a.m.||Hands-On Lab: Oracle Solaris ZFS||Hands-On Lab: Package Management and Configuration|
|11:30 a.m.||Hands-On Lab: Virtualization||Hands-On Lab: Storage Management|
Hands-On Lab: Image Packaging System (IPS)
Hands-On Lab: BTRFS
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center Lecture
Discussion: Most Pressing Sys Admin Issues
If you can't make it to Sacramento or Seattle, don't worry – there will be many more of these events coming up! For example, there is another one scheduled for January 18th in Salt Lake City. A registration page for this one should be out shortly. Check this page for an up to date listing of upcoming developer and sysadmin days!
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Attend Virtual Technology Summit in March and April
- Training Thursdays: What Linux Sys Admins Need to Know
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Strategies for Building Open Cloud Enabled Infrastructure Webinar
- Training Thursdays: Are You Ready for Advanced Oracle Linux Training
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Running OpenSCAP Compliance Checks on Oracle Linux
- Training Thursdays: UEK in Oracle Linux Curriculum
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Announcing User Space Support for Ksplice on Oracle Linux 6
- Training Thursdays: Get Trained on Docker and Oracle Linux
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Customers that Benefit from using Oracle Linux
- Announcing the general availability of Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 4