Friday Jan 24, 2014
Friday Nov 22, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Nov 22, 2013
Happy Friday, folks, hope you had a great week.
Today, we've got a great video for you that describes the Oracle Linux and Oracle VM implementation at dcVAST:
We'll see you next week with a Thanksgiving week (here in the US!) edition of the Friday Spotlight.
Friday Nov 15, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Nov 15, 2013
Our spotlight this week is on a fantastic video that you might not have noticed because it was published just before Oracle OpenWorld 2013, and there was so much information being generated by us that it might have slipped by you. But this video is really worth taking a look at. In it, Oracle's Lenz Grimmer explains all about Linux Containers:
(Click to head over to YouTube and watch the video):
See you next week!
Friday Oct 18, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Oct 18, 2013
This week, we have a really cool video done by Intel that features Oracle's Phillip Goerl discussing the Oracle Linux development model and how it relates to Intel Xeon. Click below to jump to YouTube and play the video:
See you next week!
Friday Oct 12, 2012
By Zeynep Koch on Oct 12, 2012
Are you still recovering from an amazing Oracle OpenWorld experience? 50,000 attendees had access to thousands of sessions, demos, hands-on-labs, networking opportunities, music concerts, and loads of fun. For the Oracle Linux team, this was a week full of many insightful sessions and customer interactions. In case you were unable to attend Oracle OpenWorld or missed some of content presented, here's a compilation of key session presentations, keynotes, and videos.
Go to the Oracle OpenWorld content catalog and access all the session presentations.
We also hosted a successful Oracle Linux Pavilion with 11 of our key partners - Beyond Trust, Centrify, Data Intensity, Fujitsu, HP, LSI, Mellanox, Micro Focus, NetApp, QLogic and Teleran showcased their solutions for Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. Here are some videos from the Oracle Linux Pavilion.Mellanox talk about their solution at Oracle Linux Pavilion
There's also collection of the keynotes and executive sessions as on-demand videos posted here .
We hope you find this information useful and look forward to seeing at Oracle OpenWorld 2013!
ORACLE LINUX TEAM
Thursday Apr 05, 2012
By Lenz Grimmer on Apr 05, 2012
A new set of RPM packages of our port of DTrace for Linux has just been published on the Unbreakable Linux Network. This is another beta release of our ongoing development effort to bring the DTrace framework to Linux.
This release includes the following changes:
- The packages are now based on the final public release of the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 2 (2.6.39). The previous beta drop was based on a development version of the 2.6.39 kernel; there is no new functionality specific to DTrace in this release. The primary goal was to get the code base in sync with the released kernel version.
- Based on the feedback we received from some users in how their applications interact with dtrace, libdtrace is now a shared library. However, the API/ABI is not fully stabilized yet and may be subject to change.
- As a result of the ongoing QA testing, some test cases were reorganized into their own subdirectories, which allows running the test suite in a more fine-grained manner.
As reminder, we have a dedicated Forum for DTrace on Linux, to discuss your experiences with this release.
This week, the Linux DTrace team also attendeded the second dtrace.conf in San Francisco, to talk about their work. The sessions were streamed live and recordings are also available. You can watch Oracle's Kris Van Hees' talk below:
We would like to thank the dtrace.conf organizers for the speaking opportunity and for organizing this event!
Wednesday Jan 25, 2012
By Monica Kumar on Jan 25, 2012
Btrfs ("Butter FS") is a new copy on write filesystem for Linux aimed at implementing advanced features while focusing on fault tolerance, repair and easy administration. Initially developed by Oracle, Btrfs is licensed under the GPL and open for contribution from anyone.
Check out the video!
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: How to Test OCFS2 in a Virtual Environment with Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Red Hat Summit 2014
- Friday Spotlight: Easy Access to Java on Oracle Linux
- Announcing the availability of Oracle Linux 7 Beta 1
- Friday Spotlight: COLLABORATE14
- Oracle Linux Training At Your Own Pace
- Friday Spotlight: More Tips for Remote Access with Oracle Linux
- Friday Spotlight: Tips for Hardening an Oracle Linux Server
- New Oracle Linux System Administration Training Released
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle and Microsoft Offer Choice and Flexibility