Wednesday Feb 05, 2014
Thursday Feb 23, 2012
By Lenz Grimmer on Feb 23, 2012
Ever since we began offering enterprise-class support for Linux, our Oracle Linux Support program has offered industry leading value with:
- 8 years of support
- Premier backports
- Unlimited sustaining support
- Management and Clustering included
- Zero downtime updates via Ksplice
- All at the lowest cost
We already covered the extension of Ksplice support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux in this previous blog post, but the associated press release included another important announcement: we've now extended the Oracle Linux Support lifecycle to cover a time frame of 10 years.
With this announcement we are bringing our Linux support policy in line with the already existing support periods for Oracle Solaris. Existing customers can continue to run the same release of Oracle Linux 5 and 6 for two additional years.
For more details about the terms and conditions of our support offering, please see the updated support policies document (PDF).
Friday Jul 22, 2011
By Zeynep Koch on Jul 22, 2011
Oracle Buys Ksplice
Oracle today announced that it has acquired Ksplice, Inc., the creator of innovative zero downtime update technology for Linux. The transaction has closed.
The addition of Ksplice’s technology will increase the security, reliability and availability of Oracle Linux by enabling customers to apply security updates, diagnostics patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
Oracle believes it will be the only enterprise Linux provider that can offer zero downtime updates, and expects to make the Ksplice technology a standard feature of Oracle Linux Premier Support.
Ksplice Inc. is a privately-held company based in Cambridge, Mass.
Wednesday Mar 16, 2011
By Zeynep Koch on Mar 16, 2011
Oracle has been offering affordable Linux support since 2006 and more than 6,000 customers already use it. Oracle's Unbreakable Linux support program draws on the expertise of a world-class support organization that understands how to diagnose and solve Linux issues integrated with the applications being deployed on it. Find out how you can save 50-90% on your support costs.
Join Oracle's Monica Kumar, Sr.Director of Linux, Oracle VM and MySQL and Avi Miller, Principal Sales Consultant, Linux and Virtualization on Thursday, March 24, 2pm PT to hear:
- The "Why and how" of switching to Oracle Linux
- Testing and integration with systems and applications
- Free management and high availability tools
- Real life customer scenarios
If you are going to get free access to the most advanced Linux operating system, along with world-class support at a fraction of the cost, better testing and integration with your server and applications, why wouldn't you do it?
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: Accelerating MySQL on Oracle Linux with Flash
- The February '14 Oracle Linux Newsletter is Out!
- Friday Spotlight: Vitual Sysadmin Day and Hands On Labs
- Webinar:How to Save Time and Cost with Nimble Storage SmartStack for Oracle with Cisco UCS (Feb 25)
- Proving and Extending Your Oracle Linux Expertise
- Friday Spotlight: Upcoming In Person Events In EMEA
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 1 is now available
- Friday Spotlight: OCFS2 Best Practices Guide
- Miro Consulting and Oracle Presents - Take a Bite Out of Linux Support Costs
- Friday Spotlight: Ksplice SNMP Plugin