By Monica Kumar on Oct 10, 2011
The Linux Pavilion at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 was a happening place. Penguins were everywhere, and so were our very important partners - BeyondTrust, Brocade, Emulex, HP, Fujitsu, QLogic, Storix, Tectia, and Xsigo. They were milling around with customers, Linux gurus and penguin lovers.
News spread fast and many celebrities, including the following from Oracle were spotted in the Linux Pavilion!
- Edward Screven - Chief Corporate Architect
- Wim Coeakerts - Senior VP Engineering, Linux and Virtualization
- John Fowler - Executive VP, Systems
- Chris Mason - Creator of Btrfs (and leader of the Linux Kernel team)
- Martin Petersen - Data integrity expert for Linux and a lead kernel contributor
Attendees couldn't wait to try their luck at winning large stuffed penguins! Some went away happy with their toys, others went away even happier with their Oracle Linux 6 DVDs. The smoothie bar was buzzing with people wanting Linuxberry and Unbreakable Mango flavors. We had bean bags, comfortable seats and a friendly, inviting environment where attendees had discussions with Linux experts from Oracle and our partner organizations.
All in all, we witnessed tremendous interest in Oracle Linux and the support offered by Oracle's partner community. We'd like to thank our partners for being in the Linux Pavilion and for making it an interesting and educational place which drew a lot of visitors.
Long live the Penguin!