By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Feb 13, 2015
In last week's Oracle Virtualization Spotlight, Honglin Su discussed new Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database. Here's an excerpt:
The Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database provides a framework that fully automates the creation of a Single Instance, Oracle Restart (Single Instance/HA) or Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) configurations in an Oracle VM environment. In a matter of minutes the versatile and powerful Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database can be cloned into any number of VMs which could be deployed as a Single Instance, Oracle Restart (Single Instance/HA) or Oracle RAC of any number of nodes.
Of course, this is the Oracle Linux blog, so why am I referencing new Oracle VM Templates? Because these templates of course run Oracle Linux! Here are the highlights of the new templates:
NEW in 2015 Templates:
- Yum@Deploy support(11gR2 & 12c) - Allows running yum install/update during first boot/deployment and subsequent re-builds.
- Multi-Diskgroup support for Oracle ASM
- Support for multiplexed Controlfile & REDO logfiles
- Default kernel boot is Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK3) 3.8.13-55, seamless transition to HVM mode
- Oracle Linux 7, BTRFS & Ksplice Ready!
Have a great week and we'll see you next Friday!