Tuesday Sep 02, 2014
Friday Aug 15, 2014
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Aug 15, 2014
Oracle Linux and Virtualization Showcase “aka.Pavilion" at Oracle Openworld will be amazing this year. You can find us in a spacious area in Moscone South (Booth #611), featuring many of our key partners. New this year in the Showcase, you will also find Oracle demopods showcasing Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtualization. In addition, we are also featuring OpenStack. A lot of exciting technologies and solutions in one stop! Oracle Linux and Virtualization partners will be on the floor with their latest integrations and solutions to help you better accelerate your infrastructure investments. Come by the Showcase to network, win some prizes and walk away with:
- Insights and real world implementation examples from participating ISV, IHV and SI partners
- Deeper knowledge on the latest developments of Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtualization and the Oracle OpenStack integrations
- Broader view of how Oracle and Partners are implementing OpenStack
Whether you are modernizing your IT or planning an OpenStack deployment, join us in the Oracle Linux and Virtualization Showcase and our experts will help you visualize your future, simplify your IT life and realize further profitability for your business.
Starting next week here on the Linux and Virtualization blogs, we’ll go into detail about the partners that you can visit in the Oracle Linux and Virtualization Showcase. In the meantime, don't forget to mark Moscone South, Booth: 611 as a place to visit this year.
Hope to see you in our Oracle Linux and Virtualization Showcase!
Friday Oct 18, 2013
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Oct 18, 2013
This week, we have a really cool video done by Intel that features Oracle's Phillip Goerl discussing the Oracle Linux development model and how it relates to Intel Xeon. Click below to jump to YouTube and play the video:
See you next week!
Monday Sep 23, 2013
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Sep 23, 2013
(NYSE: FIO) today announced ION Data Accelerator
demonstrations at Oracle OpenWorld that delivers accelerated
performance for Oracle Database
environments, as well as enhanced end-to-end data integrity verified by the T10 Protection Information (T10 PI)
specification. With Fusion ION Data Accelerator Software and Fusion ioDrive2
server flash memory products supporting the Oracle Linux operating system, Oracle
Database, and Emulex LightPulse®
Gen 5 Fibre Channel (16Gb Fibre Channel) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs).
Using the T10 PI specification, data corruption is noticed and fixed as it is written to shared storage, helping ensure reliability for enterprise applications.
The T10 PI data integrity demonstration features the Fusion ION Data Accelerator shared storage solution with Oracle Linux and Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs. The demonstration incorporates Oracle Linux with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, which supports integrity features that leverage the T10 PI specification.
The data integrity testing was conducted by inserting corrupt data into the system and verifying that despite the insertions, data integrity on ION Data Accelerator was not compromised. Using the T10 PI specification, data corruption is noticed and fixed as it is written to shared storage, helping ensure reliability for enterprise applications. The demonstration incorporates Oracle Linux with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, which supports integrity features that leverage the T10 PI specification. Additional technical details about the T10 PI reliability demo are available here.
Live demonstration of the Data integrity solution is being featured at Fusion-io booth 1127 during Oracle OpenWorld 2013 in San Francisco from September 22-26. Read the press release.
Thursday Sep 19, 2013
Wednesday Sep 11, 2013
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Sep 11, 2013
This week, we would like to highlight the Oracle Linux and Virtualization Pavilion where Oracle Linux andOracle VM partners will showcase their products that leverage Oracle Linux and Oracle VM, thus offering a complete value-added solution to customers, as more and more of enterprise customers adopt Linux and Virtualization.
Come on down to the Oracle Linux and Oracle VM Pavilion where you will:
- Get the insights and real world implementation examples from participating independent Software and Hardware partners
- Attend the "Meet the Experts Reception" on Wed, 9/23 3-3:45pm to talk to executives and kernel engineers
- Get your hand on a limited edition T-shirt (will be given during reception)
- Be in the drawing for a plushy Penguin
Here's a list of these partners attending this year's Oracle Linux and Virtualization Pavilion:
Moscone South, Booth #2021
BeyondTrust is the only security solution vendor providing context-aware security intelligence, giving customers the visibility and controls necessary to reduce their IT security risks while at the same time simplifying their compliance reporting. BeyondTrust offers consistent policy-driven vulnerability and privilege management, role-based access control, monitoring, logging, auditing, and reporting to protect internal assets from the inside out. Visit beyondtrust.com
(NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring, and management, provides hardware and software solutions enabling unrivaled end-to-end application visibility, optimization, and acceleration for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government, and telecommunications. Emulex’s offerings include Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products and network visibility and recording products. Visit Emulex.com.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170
countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can
help people and companies address their problems and challenges and
realize their possibilities, aspirations, and dreams. We apply new
thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable, and trusted
experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our
customers live and work. Visit hp.com
Nimble Storage is the leading provider of flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions and the fastest growing storage company in history. Its flash-enabled architecture delivers high-performance storage, instant backups, and integrated disaster recovery—in an easy-to-manage 3U system—and its write-optimized data layout integrates the best characteristics of solid state and disk storage to provide affordable, scalable, high-performance storage for business-critical applications. Learn more at nimblestorage.com.
SAS helps organizations anticipate opportunities, empower
action, and drive impact through advanced analytics that turns data
about customers, performance, financials, and more into meaningful
information. Fact-based decisions bring bottom-line impact, transforming
the way our customers do business. At SAS, our customers are part of
the creative R&D process, our employees are the creative capital
building the technology, and our technology gives our customers
solutions providing THE POWER TO KNOW®. Learn more at sas.com
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in security software, strives to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Our innovative security solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers, and the cloud. For more information, visit trendmicro.com.
Hope to see you in our Oracle Linux and Virtualization Pavilion this year!
If you missed our earlier blog updates on Oracle OpenWorld, in our first blog we focused on Oracle Linux sessions, second one was about Hands-On Labs and Demopods. and third on Oracle Linux sessions featuring our customer case studies NTT Docomo and Bank of America.
Thursday Sep 05, 2013
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Sep 05, 2013
With just two weeks to go for Oracle OpenWorld 2013, we are getting ready for the most exciting OpenWorld ever! In this update, we are going to highlight two insightful Oracle Linux sessions featuring key customers.
1. Title: Oracle Linux Technical Deep Dive: Reliability, Availability, and Scalability (CON9531)
Featuring NTT Docomo
Tuesday, Sept 24, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Westin San Francisco - Franciscan I
In this session, in addition to Oracle experts, Yoshinori Saiga, Manager of Information Systems Department group, NTT Docomo will discuss why they chose Oracle Linux and Oracle Weblogic. They'll offer details on how these products resulted in high availability.
2. Title: Why Is Oracle Linux the Best Linux for Running Oracle Database? (CON9543)
Featuring Bank of America
Tuesday, Sept. 24 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM Westin San Francisco - Franciscan II
In this session, Steve Fluge, Vice President, Bank of America, will talk about what makes Oracle Database run better on Oracle Linux. You’ll learn about tools for easy installations, including Oracle VM Templates and validated RPM, and how Bank of America is taking advantage of Oracle Database running on Oracle Linux to minimize the downtime of mission-critical databases.
Don't miss this opportunity to listen to Oracle Linux customers and ask questions. Sessions are filling fast don't forget to use Schedule Builder to register. To see a complete list of Oracle Linux sessions, use this handy Focus On Linux. Bookmark for updates and access from your mobile devices.
Tuesday Aug 13, 2013
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Aug 13, 2013
Oracle Openworld San Francisco is only 40 days away so it is time to plan for your sessions and activities. This year's event will be full of excitement with Americas Cup and the Oracle Linux Penguin racing to bring you new and insightful content!. In this blog, we will talk about the key Oracle Linux sessions, don't forget to add them to your schedule in advance because the Linux sessions get full very quickly.
- General Session: Oracle Linux—State of the Penguin (GEN9450)
Monday , Sep 23, 10:45 AM in Westin San Francisco - Metropolitan II
In this session, the Oracle Linux executive team will discuss the strategy, latest product updates, roadmap, key partnerships, competitive landscape, community engagements, and what’s next for Oracle Linux. The session is an opportunity to learn—from the source—the decisions driving Linux development at Oracle. If you are interested in running Linux for your mission-critical applications, especially Oracle workloads, you should not miss this session.
- Managing Your Oracle Linux Environment (CON9452)
Monday, 9/23, 4:45pm PT, Westin
This session will discuss common methods customers use to manage their Oracle Linux environment, including tips and tricks for patching and provisioning. Whether you prefer to leverage system tools such as YUM with local repositories, open source projects such as Spacewalk, or a full-scale system management solution such as Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, this session will cover all the different tools available to manage Oracle Linux.
- Oracle Linux Technical Deep Dive: Reliability, Availability, and Scalability (Session ID: CON9531)
Tuesday , Sep 24, 10:30 AM in Westin San Francisco - Franciscan
This technical session outlines the key features and enhancements in Oracle Linux, including file systems, Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, performance enhancements, and high availability. It shows you how Oracle Clusterware can be used with Oracle Linux to make your Linux environment highly available and how you can use it to monitor and manage a variety of applications, such as Web servers or MySQL databases running on your Oracle Linux system.
- Why Is Oracle Linux the Best Linux for Running Oracle Database? (CON9543)
Tuesday , Sep 24, 3:45 PM in Westin San Francisco - Franciscan II
In this session, you will hear from Bank of America as well as from Oracle experts about why Oracle Linux is the best Linux for running Oracle Database workloads. You’ll learn about tools for easy installations, including Oracle VM Templates and validated RPM, and how Bank of America is taking advantage of Oracle Database running on Oracle Linux to minimize the downtime of mission-critical databases, improve performance, and reduce cost.
- Oracle Linux Troubleshooting: Diagnostics and Best Practices (CON9458)
Wed, 9/25, 10:15am Westin
In this session, learn about the best methods for tuning Linux and get tips, tricks, and techniques for assessing and troubleshooting your Oracle Linux systems. Understand the options available with Oracle Linux, including best practices for configuration and tuning and the introduction of new features for dynamic and static tracing with the DTrace feature of Oracle Linux. Join the Oracle Linux product experts who understand your environment and the tools to keep your data center operating at maximum efficiency.
If you are a developer, you may also want to join this session:
- Using Oracle Linux As Your Development Platform (CON9459)
Monday , Sep 23, 3:15 PM in Marriott Marquis - Golden Gate C3
In this session, you will learn about tools available from Oracle that enable you to create a powerful, feature-rich development environment with Oracle Linux. Oracle experts describe their experience and recommended best practices for using familiar tools shipped with Oracle Linux, such as the gcc C/C++ compiler, the gdb debugger, and various tracing tools.
This is just a sampling of the many sessions you have to choose from. We'll talk more about other sessions you can attend, including hands on labs, and demos in upcoming blog articles. Until then, feel free to have a look through the Content Catalog (search on "Oracle Linux" or other related terms to see what piques your interest!).
Stay tuned for more updates as we count down to Oracle Openworld 2013.
Thursday Sep 29, 2011
By Lenz Grimmer on Sep 29, 2011
We have a lot of exciting Linux-related sessions at Oracle OpenWorld next week. Did you know that most these are not held by marketing folks, but by engineers actually involved in developing these features?
Oracle employs quite a number of engineers that are actively working on making Linux the operating system of choice for high-end server systems. This is your chance to hear about the latest developments and features right from the "horse's mouth". In particular, you should attend the following sessions if you'd like to meet real Linux kernel hackers:
- Overview: New Features in Oracle Linux 6 (Monday, 5:00pm, Moscone South Room 200) — in this talk, Chris Mason, Director of Linux Kernel Development and maintainer of the Btrfs file system will give an overview over a number of the latest enhancements and features of the Linux Kernel.
- An Integrated End-to-End Data Integrity Solution (Wednesday, 10:15am, Moscone South, Room 236) — Martin K. Petersen works in Oracle's Linux Engineering group where he focuses on enterprise storage technologies and the Linux Data Integrity Framework in particular. If you care about your data and would like to learn more about how you can avoid silent data corruption, this talk is for you. Our partner EMC will also be part of this session to give you an insight into their data integrity implementation with Oracle.
- Transcendent Memory: The RAM Forecast Is Partly Cloudy (Monday, 2:00pm, Marriott Marquis, Room Golden Gate C1) — This presentation is held by Dan Magenheimer, the author and maintainer of the transcendent memory patches which have recently been added to the Linux mainline kernel. Don't miss this talk if you'd like to learn more about the latest Linux features like zcache, cleancache and frontswap.
Tuesday Jun 21, 2011
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Jun 21, 2011
In the Oracle Linux track, you'll learn how organizations of all sizes, in all industries, worldwide, are realizing the true benefits of complete and integrated solutions with Oracle Linux and Oracle's world-class Linux support program. Find out what Oracle is doing to simplify the development, deployment, and management of Linux solutions via significant testing initiatives including the Oracle Validated Configurations program. Also discover how Oracle is driving the enterprise Linux technology roadmap with new features and enhancements, making Linux a faster, better operating system for all. Meet Oracle's Linux engineers, experts, customers, and partners, and get answers to all your Linux questions. Here are the Linux sessions and demos that you don't want to miss.
· Oracle Linux Strategy and Roadmap
· New Features in Oracle Linux
· End-to-End Data Integrity Solution for Linux
· Debugging and Configuration Best Practices for Oracle Linux
Register by July 29 and get a $500 discount.http://bit.ly/kSjDMD
Monday Mar 21, 2011
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Mar 21, 2011
- The Oracle OpenWorld 2011 call for papers is now open. Oracle customers and partners are encouraged to submit proposals to present at this year's Oracle OpenWorld conference, which will be held October 2-6, 2011 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- Oracle welcomes proposals for presentations on a wide variety of topics, with content targeted at all levels of attendees from beginner to expert. Attendees come from around the world representing thousands of Oracle customers and partners. At this time Oracle is also accepting proposals for Oracle Develop content.
- This year Oracle again welcomes the MySQL community and has added a dedicated MySQL track under the Database stream.
- Details and submission guidelines are available on the Oracle OpenWorld Call for Papers web site.
- Registration for Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is open. Super Saver Registration, " which offers the deepest discount on the regular conference price, ends April 1, 2011.
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: The Power of The Ksplice Feature of Oracle Linux Video
- Training for Oracle Linux 7 and Earlier Versions
- Friday Spotlight: ApacheCon 2015
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM at OpenStack Summit
- Collaborate 2015: Many Ways to See and Hear about Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- End-to-end Data Protection Using Oracle Linux with the ETERNUS DX S3 series and Emulex HBA
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM Templates Economic Impact Assessment
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle Linux at Collaborate 15
- Press release: Epsilon Deploys Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- Friday Spotlight: Take the Oracle VM Customer Survey