By Michele Casey on Mar 19, 2015
We are pleased to announce the availability of Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 5 (UEKR3U5) for Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Linux 7. This is the fifth quarterly update release for UEK Release 3 (Version 3.8.13-68) and includes driver updates and a consolidation of fixes for bugs and security issues.
Some notable highlights include:
- The turbostat tool is now included with the kernel and can be used to provide information on processor topology and statistics, such as temperature and frequency.
- Updates to the bonding driver to enable the ethtool command, which shows useful data like link aggregate speed and duplex mode.
- The SHA-512 hash algorithm is now available for signing kernel modules during installation.
- The ability to use swap files that reside on NFS shares is available as a technology preview.
- Xen EFI support has been added.
- Device driver updates (e.g. storage devices, network cards) from key partners, such as:
For more details, please review the release notes.
The source code is available on our public git repository.