Friday Jul 25, 2014
Thursday Feb 16, 2012
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Feb 16, 2012
You are invited to the live Webcast:
Event Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM PT
With thousands of installations already in place, Oracle Exadata is the ideal platform for consolidating multiple workloads onto private clouds, while delivering extreme performance and lower cost. It is a complete package of servers, storage, InfiniBand networking, and software and includes Oracle Linux with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel. Oracle Linux has been optimized to offer extreme performance for Exadata implementations.
Join us for a Webcast to hear Oracle's Linux and Exadata experts talk about:
- The benefits of using Oracle Linux with Oracle Exadata
- Specific optimizations in Linux to support Exadata
- Extreme performance advantages from using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Suitable workloads
Friday Jul 01, 2011
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Jul 01, 2011
Enabling Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and other members of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) to rapidly build and deliver faster, more reliable applications to end customers, Oracle today introduced Oracle Exastack Ready, available now, and Oracle Exastack Optimized, available in fall 2011 through OPN.
After qualifying their applications as Oracle Exastack Ready, partners can note to customers that their applications run on and support Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud component products including Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic Server. Customers can be confident when choosing a partner’s Oracle Exastack Optimized application, knowing it has been tuned by the OPN member on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud with a goal of delivering optimum speed, scalability and reliability.
Oracle Exastack Ready: Oracle Exastack Ready provides qualifying partners with specific branding and promotional benefits based on their adoption of Oracle products. If a partner application supports the latest major release of one of these products, the partner may use the corresponding logo with their product marketing materials: Oracle Solaris Ready, Oracle Linux Ready, Oracle Database Ready, and Oracle WebLogic Ready. Oracle Exastack Ready is available to OPN members at the Gold level or above. Additionally, OPN members participating in the program can leverage their Oracle Exastack Ready applications toward advancement to the Platinum or Diamond levels in the OPN Specialized program and toward achieving Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
Tuesday Jan 18, 2011
LIVE WEBCAST: Boost your Linux Performance with Oracle's Enhancements in Infiniband and RDS, Jan 27, 9am PT
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Jan 18, 2011
Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel for Linux offers significant performance and
scalability enhancements. As part of Oracle Exadata development efforts, Oracle Linux has
been optimized for the most demanding enterprise servers and applications, including
improvements in Infiniband and RDS technologies, leading to :
75% better performance over Red Hat compatible kernel
5x faster Infiniband messaging
Improved scalability and reduced lock contention in networking, storage and IPC systems.
If you have high demand workload environment and want to understand benefits of the
improvements in RDS and Infiniband, join Director of Linux Kernel Engineering, Chris Mason
for this live webcast on Thursday, January 27, 9am PT (12pm ET).
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Implementing Facebook’s Flashcache Utilizing PCIe-based Flash with Thin Provisioning
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Getting Started with Docker on Oracle Linux
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Oracle and Intel Engineers Share their Stories in this Podcast
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT:Oracle Linux and Intel: The Power and Freedom to Innovate
- Friday Spotlight: Optimizing Oracle Database Performance on Oracle Linux with Flash
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM at EMCWorld 2015
- Learn about Docker and Oracle Linux!
- The April 2015 Oracle Linux Newsletter is Now Available
- Oracle Linux Advanced Administration Training Online
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle Linux 7 - Optimizing Deployment Flexibility and Increasing ROI