Wednesday Feb 05, 2014
Wednesday Dec 04, 2013
By Zeynep Koch on Dec 04, 2013
Details: Thursday, 1:30 – 2:30pm, Room 17AB
Speaker: Chris Kawalek, Oracle
Find out how Oracle Linux is optimized for Oracle Database and the benefits of deploying them together on an integrated and fully tested infrastructure.
Details: Thursday, 11:00-11:25am, Expo area (Theater on the right)
Speaker: Chris Kawalek, Oracle
Realize the true potential of virtualization beyond server consolidation using Oracle VM’s application-driven virtualization approach.
Details: Thursday, 2:30-2:55pm, Expo area (Theater on the right)
Speaker: Tom Kopec, OracleGet a high level review of the recently announce Dell / Oracle Active Infrastructure.
Come to the Oracle booth on Monday and Tuesday, talk to our experts, pick up free Oracle Linux and Oracle VM software DVD.
Thursday Nov 07, 2013
By Zeynep Koch on Nov 07, 2013
You are invited to the live webcast with Nimble Storage, Oracle and Cisco where we will talk about the new SmartStack solution from Nimble Storage that features Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and Cisco UCS products.
In this webinar, you will learn how Nimble Storage SmartStack with Oracle and Cisco provides a converged infrastructure for Oracle Database environments with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. SmartStack, built on best-of-breed components, delivers the performance and reliability needed for deploying Oracle on a single symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) server or Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on multiple nodes.
Tuesday Aug 13, 2013
By Zeynep Koch on Aug 13, 2013
This year Australian Oracle User Group event INSYNC13 will feature Oracle Linux Half day workshop / Lab.
Come to see, hear and touch Oracle Linux – forget what others might have told you, experience it for yourself. How to install it, patch it and manage it and what is can do that no other Linux distributions can do. This is lab lecture session with ample time to experience Oracle Linux first hand plus a great Overview of Oracle Enterprise manager and Oracle VM for x86.
Being held in conjunction with the INSYNC13 series of conferences but being a separate component this workshop will attract an additional fee if you have not registered to attend one of the conferences.
- Melbourne, 20 August 1.45pm - 4.30pm
Rydges on Swanston 701 Swanston Street, Carlton, Melbourne, VIC 3053
- Brisbane 2 Sept 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Royal on the Park 152 Alice St, Brisbane QLD 4000
- Perth 12 November 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Pan Pacific 207 Adelaide Terrace Perth, WA 6000
Please complete the linked registration form.
Registering only for the Linux lab will not provide entry to any other INSYNC13 Conference session. However, even though you have registered for the Conference, you are still required to register separately for this lab to ensure there are sufficient training materials available.
Oracle Linux Track
- Understanding Oracle Linux and the options – compatible kernel or UEK
- Where to find Oracle Linux related information
- Package management on Oracle Linux using RPM and yum.
- Overview of Ksplice, zero downtime kernel updates that enable customers to apply security updates, patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
- Linux services and run levels, how to start and stop them, checking the status of a particular service.
- Preparing block devices, creating physical and logical volumes.
- Introduction to the Btrfs file system.
Paul Kangro, Principal Sales Consultant, Oracle
Paul has had a long career in IT spanning over 20 years with a variety of organizations including IBM, Cable and Wireless, Novell and now Oracle. During that time he has been involved in many aspects of IT including, Linux, Identity and Security, Virtualization and Cloud Computing providing technical and architectural advice to a wide range of clients around the Asian region.
As a Principal Sales Consultant for Oracle, Paul focuses on the technical aspects of Oracle’s Linux and Virtualization offerings. Paul studied Electrical Engineering at the University of NSW and has a Master in Management from MGSM.
Roshan Sathe, Senior Presales, Oracle VM and Oracle Linux @ Oracle CorpOracle
Paul will present at Brisbane and Perth
Roshan at Melbourne.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the event site.
Monday Nov 19, 2012
By Lenz Grimmer on Nov 19, 2012
There will be several presentations related to Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and related infrastructure (including a dedicated MySQL stream on Tue+Wed).
Here are a few examples picked from the infrastructure stream of the schedule:
Tuesday, Nov. 20th
- 10:00 - Virtualisierung, Cloud und Hosting - Kriterien und Entscheidungshilfen - Harald Sellmann, its-people Frankfurt GmbH, Andreas Wolske, managedhosting.de GmbH
- 14:00 - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Implementierungen und Praxiserfahrungen - Björn Rost, portrix Systems GmbH
- 15:00 - Oracle Linux - Best Practices und Nutzen (nicht nur) für die Oracle DB - Manuel Hoßfeld, Lenz Grimmer, Oracle Deutschland
- 16:00 - Mit Linux Container Umgebungen effizient duplizieren - David Hueber, dbi services sa
Wednesday, Nov. 21st
- 09:00 - OVM 3 Features und erste Praxiserfahrungen - Dirk Läderach, Robotron Datenbank-Software GmbH
- 09:00 - Oracle VDI Best Practice unter Linux - Rolf-Per Thulin, Oracle Deutschland
- 10:00 - Oracle VM 3: Was nicht im Handbuch steht... - Martin Bracher, Trivadis AG
- 12:00 - Notsystem per Virtual Box - Wolfgang Vosshall, Regenbogen AG
- 13:00 - DTrace - Informationsgewinnung leicht gemacht - Thomas Nau, Universität Ulm
- 13:00 - OVM x86 / OVM Sparc / Zonen und co. - Bertram Dorn, Oracle Deutschland
Thursday, Nov. 22nd
- 09:00 - Oracle VM 3.1 - Wie geht's wirklich? - Manuel Hoßfeld, Oracle Deutschland, Sebastian Solbach, Oracle Deutschland
- 13:00 - Unconference: Oracle Linux und Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel - Lenz Grimmer, Oracle Deutschland
- 14:00 - Experten-Panel OVM 3 - Björn Bröhl, Robbie de Meyer, Oracle Corporation
- 14:00 - Wie patcht man regelmäßig mehrere tausend Systeme? - Sylke Fleischer, Marcel Pinnow, DB Systel GmbH
- 16:00 - Wo kommen denn die kleinen Wolken her? OVAB in der nächsten Generation - Marcus Schröder, Oracle Deutschland
On a related note: if you speak German, make sure to subscribe to OLIVI_DE - Oracle LInux und VIrtualisierung - a German blog covering topics around Oracle Linux, Virtualization (primarily with Oracle VM) as well as Cloud Computing using Oracle Technologies. It is maintained by Manuel Hoßfeld and Sebastian Solbach (Sales Consultants at Oracle Germany) and will also include guest posts by other authors (including yours truly).
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: Frequently Asked Questions about Oracle Linux
- Friday Spotlight: Accelerating MySQL on Oracle Linux with Flash
- The February '14 Oracle Linux Newsletter is Out!
- Friday Spotlight: Vitual Sysadmin Day and Hands On Labs
- Webinar:How to Save Time and Cost with Nimble Storage SmartStack for Oracle with Cisco UCS (Feb 25)
- Proving and Extending Your Oracle Linux Expertise
- Friday Spotlight: Upcoming In Person Events In EMEA
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 1 is now available
- Friday Spotlight: OCFS2 Best Practices Guide
- Miro Consulting and Oracle Presents - Take a Bite Out of Linux Support Costs