Oracle OpenWorld 2018, in San Francisco, CA, is less than a month away! To help you plan your schedule below is the lineup of Oracle Linux sessions. The highlighted sessions are ones in which you’ll hear from our executives. This year’s content includes product roadmaps, tips and tricks, product training, customer case studies, and business use cases to enrich your learning experience. Remember to register ahead of time to make sure you have a seat.
At the conference, you’ll also have the opportunity to connect with other Oracle customers, product experts, and partners, to help you make the most of your time. Read on and fill up your schedule now.
Monday, Oct 22:
- Tips for Securing Your Cloud Infrastructure, Jan Hendrik Mangold, Jeff Savit [TIP4727], 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM: Get Trained for Cloud, Hybrid, and On-Premises, Avi Miller, Anotinette O’Sullivan [TRN5828], 10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. -- more from Antoinette
- Oracle Linux: State of the Penguin, Wim Coekaerts [PRO4720], 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Automating Workload Migration to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Simon Coter, Gilson Melo, Alessandr Pilotti [PRO5796], 12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Oracle’s Systems Strategy for Cloud and On-Premises, Ali Alasti, Wim Coekaerts, Edward Screven [PKN5901], 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Perform In-Place Upgrade for Large-Scale Cloud Infrastructure, Jeff Savit, Jeffery Yoder, Rodolfo Martinez [CAS5088], 3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Why Choose Oracle Linux: The Value of Enterprise Linux, Deepen Chakraborty, Avi Miller [CAS4726], 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct 23:
- An Overview of Oracle Infrastructure Technologies in Oracle Cloud, Robert Shimp, Ajay Srivastava [PRO5904], 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Oracle Linux from On-Premises to Oracle Cloud with Ease, Wim Coekaerts [DEV6015], 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Best Practices: Oracle Linux and Oracle VM in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Julie Wong, Simon Coter [PRO4721], 4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Maximize Performance with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM, Greg Marsden, Jeff Savit, Kevin Tribbey [TIP4725], 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct 24:
Thursday, Oct 25:
- Oracle Linux is really the ideal Linux for Oracle Cloud Developers, Wim Coekaerts [DEV6017], 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- Build an ARM64-Based Solution with Oracle Linux, Honglin Su, Michele Resta [PRM4722], 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- Practical DevOps with Linux and Virtualization, Simon Coter [DEV5029], 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Embrace Open Source Projects on GitHub for Cloud Automation, Avi Miller, Simon Coter [TIP5795], 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Why Oracle Linux is the Best Platform for Oracle Database and Oracle Cloud, Dhaval Giani [PRO5797], 1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Accelerate Your Business with Machine Learning and Oracle Linux, Joost Pronk Van Hoogeveen, Simon Coter [PRO4731], 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Add these sessions to your schedule and don't forget to bookmark our Focus on Oracle Linux and Virtualization page. And, there’s more…
The Showcase, Moscone South – Booth #120
Make sure to find time to visit the Oracle Infrastructure Technologies showcase featuring Oracle Linux and Virtualization technologies, booth #120, located in Moscone South (on the right side, just past the Autonomous Database showcase), where you can learn more about Oracle Linux, experience demos, a virtual reality game, and speak with product experts and partners.
#OOW18 is sure to be an informative event. Stay tuned to this blog for more information on sessions, Hands-on Labs (HOLs), and more, in the coming days.
We look forward to sharing this open world with you!