Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 3 is now available
By Michele Casey on Aug 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the availability of Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 3 (UEKR3U3) for Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Linux 7. This is the third quarterly update release for UEK Release 3 (Version 3.8.13-44) and includes driver updates and a consolidation of fixes for bugs and security issues.
Some notable highlights include:
- Added support for Intel Avoton and Haswell-EX processors.
- Added support for XFS extended attributes
- Enhancements to the Huge Translation Lookaside Buffer (HugeTLB) for improved page-fault scalability
- Improvements for supporting Oracle Linux guests running on Microsoft Azure and Hyper-V
- Device driver updates (e.g. storage devices, network cards) from key partners, such as:
For more details, please review the release notes.
The source code is available on our public git repository.