Penguin Sightings at Oracle OpenWorld!
By Monica Kumar on Sep 21, 2011
Oracle OpenWorld is being held from Oct. 2-6, 2011 in San Francisco. This year we have a ton of Linux content. Here are some highlights:
- Oracle Linux Strategy and Roadmap Monday, Oct. 3, 3:30 p.m., Moscone South 103. Don’t miss this session where Oracle executives discuss Linux strategy, roadmap, contributions to the Linux mainline kernel, and what’s in store for upcoming releases of Oracle Linux, including the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
- Overview: New Features in Oracle Linux 6 Monday, Oct. 3, 5:00 p.m., Moscone South 200; Get an in-depth look at the new features of Oracle Linux 6 with Linux kernel engineering director Chris Mason.
- Why Switch to Oracle Linux? Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10:15 a.m., Moscone South 236. Learn about the “why and how” of switching to Oracle Linux, testing and integration with systems and applications, free management, and high-availability tools. Plus, learn why Dell IT selected Oracle Linux.
- Oracle Linux Pavilion Come to Moscone South Booth 2241 and join partners BeyondTrust, Brocade, Emulex, Fujitsu, HP, PHD Virtual, Qlogic, Storix, Tectia Corporation, and Xsigo showcasing their products running on Oracle Linux; Meet Oracle’s Linux experts; Enjoy smoothies on Tuesday, and enter to win Penguin giveaways!
- Hands-on Lab: Oracle Linux Package Management: Configuring and Enabling Services (30540) Tuesday, Oct. 4, 11:45 a.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6 or Thursday, Oct. 6, 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6.
- Hands-on Lab: Oracle Linux Storage Management with LVM and Device Mapper (30541) Tuesday, Oct. 4, 1:15 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6 or Thursday, Oct. 6, 3:00 p.m., Marriott Marquis, Salon 5/6.
Download a complete guide to Linux at Oracle OpenWorld (pdf)