You Are Invited: Oracle Linux Lab at Australian Oracle User Group Events
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Aug 13, 2013
This year Australian Oracle User Group event INSYNC13 will feature Oracle Linux Half day workshop / Lab.
Come to see, hear and touch Oracle Linux – forget what others might have told you, experience it for yourself. How to install it, patch it and manage it and what is can do that no other Linux distributions can do. This is lab lecture session with ample time to experience Oracle Linux first hand plus a great Overview of Oracle Enterprise manager and Oracle VM for x86.
Being held in conjunction with the INSYNC13 series of conferences but being a separate component this workshop will attract an additional fee if you have not registered to attend one of the conferences.
- Melbourne, 20 August 1.45pm - 4.30pm
Rydges on Swanston 701 Swanston Street, Carlton, Melbourne, VIC 3053
- Brisbane 2 Sept 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Royal on the Park 152 Alice St, Brisbane QLD 4000
- Perth 12 November 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Pan Pacific 207 Adelaide Terrace Perth, WA 6000
Please complete the linked registration form.
Registering only for the Linux lab will not provide entry to any other INSYNC13 Conference session. However, even though you have registered for the Conference, you are still required to register separately for this lab to ensure there are sufficient training materials available.
Oracle Linux Track
- Understanding Oracle Linux and the options – compatible kernel or UEK
- Where to find Oracle Linux related information
- Package management on Oracle Linux using RPM and yum.
- Overview of Ksplice, zero downtime kernel updates that enable customers to apply security updates, patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
- Linux services and run levels, how to start and stop them, checking the status of a particular service.
- Preparing block devices, creating physical and logical volumes.
- Introduction to the Btrfs file system.
Paul Kangro, Principal Sales Consultant, Oracle
Paul has had a long career in IT spanning over 20 years with a variety of organizations including IBM, Cable and Wireless, Novell and now Oracle. During that time he has been involved in many aspects of IT including, Linux, Identity and Security, Virtualization and Cloud Computing providing technical and architectural advice to a wide range of clients around the Asian region.
As a Principal Sales Consultant for Oracle, Paul focuses on the technical aspects of Oracle’s Linux and Virtualization offerings. Paul studied Electrical Engineering at the University of NSW and has a Master in Management from MGSM.
Roshan Sathe, Senior Presales, Oracle VM and Oracle Linux @ Oracle CorpOracle
Paul will present at Brisbane and Perth
Roshan at Melbourne.
For more information please contact email@example.com or visit the event site.