Oracle Linux 7 is now available
By Michele Casey on Jul 23, 2014
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux 7. Oracle Linux 7 offers the latest innovations and improvements to support customers and partners in developing and deploying business critical applications across the data center and into the cloud. Features include:
- Linux Containers (LXC)
- Ksplice for zero-downtime kernel security updates and bug fixes
- Xen enhancements
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 3
- systemd, a new service and system manager
- Grub2 as the default boot loader with support for additional firmware types, such as UEFI
- Support for in-place upgrades from Oracle Linux 6.5 to Oracle Linux 7
Listen to Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President of Linux and Virtualization Engineering at Oracle, discuss the benefits of Oracle Linux 7.
Oracle Linux 7 is available today and can be downloaded from Oracle's Software Delivery Cloud. Please review the Release Notes and Oracle Linux documentation for details about the latest features and known issues.