Nimble Storage Introduces SmartStack Solution leveraging Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Sep 23, 2013
Nimble Storage today announced a new SmartStack™ converged infrastructure solution leveraging Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, and Oracle Database, running on Cisco Unified Computing System™ (UCS). This solution provides organizations with the ability to meet Oracle Database performance demands and scale without disruption or increased capital expenses.
Highlights of the SmartStack Validated Reference Architecture with Oracle
- The new solution is fully tested and validated using both Oracle Validated Configuration test kit and Nimble Storage’s test environments.
- The solution components include a Nimble Storage CS-series array, two Cisco UCS B200 M3 blade servers, Oracle VM 3.2, Oracle Linux 6 Update 4 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Database 12c.
Nimble Storage’s intelligent flash-based architecture allows customers with Oracle workloads running on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM to take advantage of:
- Adaptive performance to easily grow performance and/or capacity to scale to the needs of OLTP and OLAP applications as they grow
- Ease of deployment with pre-configured optimizations and performance profiles to minimize the guesswork of tuning the infrastructure for performance
- Integrated data protection and enhanced availability enabling organizations to take more frequent backups without disrupting applications, and facilitate quick recovery with Nimble Storage snapshots
Nimble Storage will exhibit its flash-optimized hybrid storage arrays and new converged infrastructure solutions at Oracle OpenWorld 2013 taking place September 22 – 26 at Moscone Center in San Francisco. You can check Nimble Storage solutions in the Oracle Linux and Virtualization Pavilion - booth #2021.
Read the press release for more information.