By Michele Casey on Jul 30, 2015
We are pleased to announce the availability of Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 6 (UEKR3U6) for Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Linux 7. This is the sixth quarterly update release for UEK Release 3 (Version 3.8.13-98) and includes driver updates and a consolidation of fixes for bugs and security issues.
Some notable highlights include:
- Driver for Intel Sandy Bridge memory controllers (sb_edac) version 1.0.0 included
- New hardware support for SGI UltraViolet 3 platform
- LXC Improvements in kernel and userspace including a new --privilege option when creating containers
- Xen improvements such as preventing soft lockups due to long-running hypercalls and preventing memory leaks in the Xen block driver
- DTrace improvements for using User-Level Statically Defined (USDT) probes in 32-bit applications on 64-bit hosts
- Support for more than eight PTP hardware clocks (PHC)
- Device driver updates (e.g. storage devices, network cards) from key partners, such as:
For more information about this release, please refer to the release notes.
The source code is available on our public git repository.